My biological father came from a long line of courageous and determined people, I probably don’t have his flair for adventure but the family motto is 'Dum spiro spero' (While I breath I hope) and that suits me just fine. I’m a firm believer in Johann Bessler’s claims about his perpetual motion device. I recognise his determination to hide his clues about his wheel within his published works, in the hope that one day someone will succeed in deciphering that information, long after his death. This would lead to world-wide acknowledgement of his achievement. So as long as I have breath in my body I will continue to bring to the public's attention the work of this amazing and clever inventor.
I have read about all the latest alternatives to fossil fuels, nuclear and solar power, wind tidal etc; all the new electric power engines, and their variants, ingenious but very expensive - but it still seems to me that there is and will be a place for Bessler’s gravity enabled generator. Time will tell, but I think Bessler’s wheel will prove to be the cheapest machine to generate electricity.
So where am I with my own model of Bessler’s wheel? So my latest offering has some crucial changes, but still using five mechanisms. The clues I’m using were found within his drawings and also in his text in more than one book. One problem in interpreting his clues lies in their ambiguity, but one can work through the alternatives and hopefully come up with his intended meaning.
As soon as I’ve finished this latest model I’ll post pictures, if it’s working or not, I’ll also show for the first time exactly where I obtained the information about the actual configuration of the wheel. This is because I’m moving home soon and will not building any more wheels, although I shall continue to promote Bessler’s wheel.
"As soon as I’ve finished this latest model I’ll post pictures, if it’s working or not...This is because I’m moving home soon and will not building any more wheels,"
ReplyDeleteSounds like you'll soon be reaching the end of the line as far as active building is concerned. Well, it was an inevitability for you as it is for all of us. Let's hope you finally get some encouraging results. It's really amazing how fast a lifetime can flash by while chasing after Bessler's pm wheel design...😞
"I’ll also show for the first time exactly where I obtained the information about the actual configuration of the wheel. This is because I’m moving home soon and will not building any more wheels, although I shall continue to promote Bessler’s wheel."
ReplyDeleteThoughts...if you have never before revealed information about the "actual configuration of the wheel", then you should have revealed it instead of hiding it all along. If you could not do anything with it, then maybe someone else could have. You're moving "home" again? Another house? In with one of your kids? Assisted living? A nursing home? Hospice facility? You kept telling everyone here you were "alive and kicking" and "fit as a fiddle". More things you were hiding?s
Other than to your own home, I can see why a different residence could interfere with wheel building...too many curious, prying eyes asking a lot of intrusive questions (like I just did). Of course, maybe you, like most other lifelong Bessler pm wheel chasers, are finally just totally burned out from the repeated failures and never ending pressure to "find it"? I reached that point myself several years ago. I'm out of my workshop and have no intention of returning except to grab a tool or two for a quick repair job on my house or car. The resulting sense of relief I now feel has been much more than the painful sense of failure I feel.
Well, I do hope you will keep "promoting" the Bessler story by keeping this blog up and running at a minimum. Imo, it is the only current source online for serious analysis of the many clues Bessler left us. Anyway, best of luck wherever you end up. 🖖 (That's supposed to be the Vulcan salute meaning "Live long and prosper" and not the middle finger that means something else!)
I’m moving up north (of England) to be closer to the other half of my family to be available if needed. It’s a long story! It will be our eighth move, but this time it’s not going to be so expensive.
DeleteI’m not necessity going to stop building wheels, it all depends on how my current model turns out. I’m just stopping for now because I need to get ready to sell the house, painting, wallpapering etc.
Yes I’m still fit as a fiddle and I’m not moving into a nursing home it anywhere other my next house!
I will never suffer from burn out and I will continue to seek the solution, and when I or someone else finds it I’ll be delighted and tell the world.
JC
A few years ago a good friend of mine also kept telling everyone he was "fit as a fiddle"...then he died suddenly in his sleep one night! We found out afterward that it was due to "sudden cardiac arrest". If that happens, one needs CPR within minutes if he's to have any real chance of survival. He was alone at the time and did not get it. Then we found out he was taking about a half dozen prescription drugs daily that he never mentioned to keep his various symptoms under control. So much for being "fit as a fiddle"!
DeleteIf someone is on any lifetime prescription drugs, even a single one, then he's only "fit as a fiddle" in his own mind, but not in reality. Healthy people do not need prescription meds.
Btw...over the age of about 75, there is a 20% chance a person will experience sudden cardiac arrest. After about 5 minutes without competently administered CPR, it turns into "sudden cardiac DEATH" and the person cannot be saved. Someone can also experience this if he or she has no prior history of heart problems! Something to keep in mind the next time you are having what you think are just "benign" palpitations that are sure to just go away by themselves. 😮
Thanks that’s really cheered me up! 🤔. No, I’m fine, really!
DeleteJC
So, you're not taking any lifetime prescription drugs? If so, that's great news and you could keep going on about pentagons 'til you hit 100 or more! I'm in my late 70's and I don't have any friends around my age (including me!) that aren't gulping down a handful of Rx drugs daily. They (not me) also claim to be fine...really! However, by the end of every year another one or two of them are dead and buried or, to save money for their survivors, turned into ashes and air pollution! Sometimes I think the morticians miss that COVID 19 pandemic because it helped them rake in the cash faster than they ever thought possible! They don't like cremations...not enough profit in them. Great business...no returns or refunds to worry about!
DeleteI think that if people started eating clean natural food again, exercising moderately, stopped worrying about everything they have no control over, didn't smoke, drink, or drug, then they could all live to be over a hundred and not needing to see any "doctors" who's main goal is to make as much bucks as possible dosing them up with as many Big Pharma drugs as possible.
DeleteYour dedication to this subject is inspiring, John. On a planet of 8 billion people, you stand out as the go to guy for all things Bessler. Personally, I am not so sure about the practical application of a widly adopted power source. But if you (or anyone) figures this out, it will inspire people to realize that we live in a reality of possibilities even "the experts" don't understand.
DeleteThank you anon 05:38. I’ll keep trying ‘til I succeed.
DeleteJC
@anon 05:38
DeleteThose "experts" still can't figure out why the speed of light is about 186,000 mps, yet they are so SURE pm is impossible! They make me sick! 🤮
I think if his current wheel improvement doesn't work out, that will be the final end of JC's building days. Then it's time for him to head for that philosopher's armchair and spend the rest of his days in it pontificating about pentagons and secret clues he hasn't revealed yet. One way to avoid that is to never quite finish working on his current wheel. With any luck, he can keep the pretense that he's "making progress" on it going for years! Having to admit failure is a painful thing to do and some are lucky enough to avoid it right up the last breath they draw. 😵
DeleteEvery dedicated pm wheel builder who lives long enough will eventually give up. In my time I have known several who did just that. One day the idea of continuing the "quest" no longer made sense to them and they just dropped it all and walked away never to return. Imagine only being allowed to eat pizza every day for years. After a while the mere sight of it would repulse you. I think the same can happen to pm chasers. Only a rare chaser like Bessler could continue no matter what. Bessler states the situation nicely on page 68 of AP:
Delete"I made many calculations and constructed many models. Parts from all over the area were collected for making machines. When all the parts were ready, I would fit them together with painstaking care, and when things had reached the point where the wheel should have
revolved freely...well if it refused to do so you can imagine how frustrated and angry I became! I would complain to no-one, but would take solace in thinking about other matters. But no true revolution manifested itself, whatever I did! What's more, funds were getting low, because all the bits and pieces cost no small sum! And my poor young assistant...he stood there glumly, scratching his head after laboring so long in vain.
"I beavered away endlessly, and night and day my head was filled with conjectures. I relished no food; the project was making my head spin. But I always came back again and undertook new
experiments. I was "perpetually" devising new ideas in secret, and these I would boldly incorporate into yet another new wheel. This one just had to work...How nicely it stayed put! How much I regretted the time and, especially, the money I'd put into it all.
"It would have been difficult in the face of all this, for anyone to pluck up the courage to make new efforts. The net result of it all was sure to be the same as last time. But I doubt if anyone, in any country, has ever had the patience and diligence I showed in my obsessive fancy. While other people were being carefree, I'd be tearing my heart out. I'd discover something wonderful, on which I'd staked everything, only to be heard loudly lamenting, a few days later, at the thought that the years of work had been fruitlessly expended. I'd be overcome by great sorrow, would go
to my bedroom full of anguish and weep bitterly." 😢
Thank you for posting those comments by Bessler. They do resonate with me, but I’m still convinced I will succeed!
DeleteJC
Poor Bessler. One can see from that AP quote the relentless anguish and frustration he had to endure on his way to success. And, at any time before his breakthrough and after years of struggle, he could have quit and walked away from it all with nothing to show for the expense and his effort. But he didn't do that. Yet, because of his failure to sell his invention, the end result is almost the same as if he had not discovered pm at all. No research is complete until it is published and not in some cryptic form that will take centuries to be deciphered by some of the best numerologists in the world
DeleteOne might say that at least he became historically famous. Did he? Few people in the offline world today know of him, almost all scientists dismiss him as a hoaxer, and even in his own hometown the people do the same. The important lesson to be learned from the sad Bessler story is to make sure one openly publishes his results if he is successful. If Bessler had done that or sold his invention at a much lower and more affordable price, then his status would be much different today. But, he didn't do that. ☹️
Great quote anon 11:30. I think the longer you are into something the harder it is to just up and quit it. But when you do you will find out that you will tend to avoid getting involved in any sort of long term committment type deals after that. That's what happened to me when I finally gave up a few years ago. Now I've learned to just live in today and tomorrow. I do not make any plans that go beyond that. It can annoy my friends who like to plan things weeks to months in advnace. I tell them to go ahead but don't include me in your plans. If on the day for whatever you planned you want me to get involved then I'll think it over then and only go along if my mood is right at that time. But don't count on it. I couldnt care less if they consider me difficult. They wouldnt if they was me. You have to stop worrying about everybody else's plans and start worrying more about your own comfort. If your a people pleaser type you will have problems doing that at first but you will get used to it. I did.
DeleteBessler wrote in AP: "I made many calculations..."
DeleteI'd like to know what calculations he was making. That could tell us a lot about the mechanisms in his wheels. Like those drawings at the end of MT, another detail we'll unfortunately never know. 🤔
Apologies for slightly off topic. Regarding the You tube perpetual motion machine using a dustpan and ball bearing, mentioned a few topics ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC4M24abVCE
DeleteI attempted to recreate the experiment, but it very soon became apparent that the magnets were no way strong enough to accelerate the ball bearing across the dustpan and propel it up into the dustpan handle. When I looked more closely at the video I spotted what I think is verification that it is faked.
At the beginning of the video the components are laid out one at a time on to the “laminate floor”. When the magnets are laid down (0.06 secs in), as soon as he lets go of them they slide about an inch, OF THEIR OWN ACCORD! That says to me there is a magnet of some sort hidden underneath the laminate.
I’d like to hear other people’s opinion on this as I’ve pretty much written this off as fake and don’t wish to waste any more time on it.
- Greg
I did notice that 6 seconds into the video the stack of magnets seems to slide a little on the surface of the floor. It's possible that was just due to him letting it slip out of his fingers as one end of the stack contacted the floor. However, I notice later that when the ball leaves the end of the vinyl tube, it does experience some acceleration and, interestingly, the part of the dustpan where that occurs just happens to be over the same spot on the floor where the stack of magnets slides when it is laid down! That would certainly look like it's faked.
DeleteBut, he could not have just hidden a permanent magnet under the floor to accelerate the magnet. It would have to an electromagnet that could be pulsed to accelerate the ball after it exited the tube and then the electromagnet would have to immediately be shut off so the ball would retain the extra kinetic energy it acquired while being accelerated. That would require that the electromagnetic pulses be very carefully timed to coincide with the steel ball exiting the tube. I supposed using some sort of magnetic reed switch that closed when the ball rolled over it would work. However, if he was using an electromagnet hidden under the floor, then the stack of permanent magnets would not have been attracted to it and made to slide at second 6 if the electromagnet only had an air core. Sliding might occur if the electromagnet had an iron core though.
It's hard to decide if this video is of a fake. You say you were unable to replicate it. Did you have the correctly shaped dustpan with smoothly curving sloping sides and did you use high strength neodymium magnets? It's possible it is a genuine device, but you did not accurately copy it. OTOH it's also possible you did accurately copy it, but it's a fake.
Let's see what results others who tried to copy it got. I'm convinced that, if it's genuine, the shape of the dustpan is critical to getting it to work.
Lol! You guys have to once and for all get something straight. There are ABSOLUTELY NO genuine pm machines shown on youtube. They are ALL fakes! Until everyone gets that FACT through their thick 💀, they will continue to waste their time, effort, and 💵chasing after the 🐂💩 on that site.
DeleteMaybe the magnets at the beginning of the video were sliding because they were attracted to a little permanent magnet inside of a reed switch that was hidden under a thin false floor? That would have allowed him to have used an air core type electromagnet. Also he could have easily done his demo on top of a glass table to show no electromagnet under the dustpan to assist the motion of the steel ball. Not doing that, imo, definitely lowers the credibility of his video.
DeleteI think what helps make one think his video could be genuine is that there are videos of those SMOT gadgets that make steel balls roll uphill and they are genuine. I agree with anon 20:45 that it's best not to pass judgement on the thing based on a single failed attempt to duplicate it. We need to see reports of a few more failures before completely dismissing it as a hoax.
Greg wrote "...it very soon became apparent that the magnets were no way strong enough to accelerate the ball bearing across the dustpan and propel it up into the dustpan handle."
DeleteMaybe you could try putting the end of the tubing in the pan a little closer to the magnets? Also, is there a vertical drop between where the ball enters the tubing at the end of the handle and where it pops out the other end and into the pan? Maybe you just need to just better fine tune your build to get it to work.
""...chasing after the 🐂💩 on that site." LOL! Very creative!
DeleteYes, I am using strong neodymium magnets. However, merely positioning the ball bearing on the dustpan, directly beneath the end of the magnets, shows how weak the effect is. The ball bearing can be slightly pushed to one side, but struggles to return to its centred position, but will do so. If the magnets were as effective as shown on the video, I would expect the ball bearing to almost snap into a centred position beneath the end point of the magnets, but that doesn't happen. When you consider the gap between the end of the magnets and the ball bearing in this position is about 4-5 cm it doesn't really surprise me that the magnetic effect is not strong enough.
Delete- Greg
Correction: 3-4cms
Delete-Greg
@Greg
DeleteIt;s most likely just another youtube fake pm device like anon 21:40 says.
If you study the video after time 36 seconds you may notice that it seems to be looped. Also the zoom in at time 50 seconds seems way too smooth for a handheld camera. One possibility is that he had a permanent magnet mounted on some sort of lever under the "floor" and was able to use it ONCE to accelerate the ball up and into the dustpan's handle by quickly moving the magnet away from the accelerated ball before the magnet could reduce its speed. He may have practiced it many times until he finally made it happen just once as he videoed it. He then just looped that one successful section of video to make the ball look like it was constantly moving around the dustpan..
Well, there's bad news, but also good news with your experience. The bad news is that you've shown it's a fake. The good news is that now you have a nice new dust pan to clean up your shop with! 😒
Okay...so that dust pan thing is a fake. It goes to show how excited everyone can get from just watching a hoax video for a few seconds. I think that excitement is really due to everyone being desperate to show their family and friends something and then being able to say "see, I told you all it was possible...here's the undeniable proof!". The people making those fake videos count on that desperate need to get a lot of views and so they can then collect some youtube ad revenue money for their efforts.
DeleteOver in the poverty foreign countries where they make those fakes it is a sort of cottage industry with the hoaxers sharing their methods with each other. Most in the US don't realize that over in those countries they do not have to pay for using the internet. All they need to do is find some old laptop someone discarded, get it fixed up, wifi connect to a local hot spot, and start using it with a cellphone camera to make any pile of junk they can cobble together look like it's pm. I can tell from the brown skin color of their hands (notice you rarely see faces) and the sounds of roosters crowing in the background that these fake pm videos are coming from countries like India, Pakistan, and the Philippines. Those are countries with high populations and high unemployment especially in their crowded cities. The young unemployed males in them are the ones cranking out the fakes hoping they will be a way out of poverty for them. I'm sure it works for some and will continue to do so as long as youtube is in business and people in the west, mostly older white guys, are desperate for a runner after chasing one for most of their lives with no success.
This guy has a pm device similar to that dust pan thing. But he admits it's a fake and tells you how he made it. The steel ball rolls over an IR sensor that then momentarily turns on an electromagnet hidden in the base that then helps the ball roll up the hill near one of the curves in the oval track. After that the ball just rolls back down to the sensor again.
ReplyDeletehttps://youtu.be/O-FKcK0vzgY
Actually his gadget could be made into a genuine pm machine. All you have to do is invent a battery for it that never goes dead! 😆
DeleteI don't see no reason you couldn't turn that into a real pm gadget. Just remove the battery and mount one of those super strong magnets up over the corner where the down slope of the track begins. That magnet will help pull the metal ball up the hill and then it will go around the turn and begin rolling downhill which will cancel out the back pull of the magnet. IOW make it work like one of those SMOT things. Seems like it would work to me.
Deleteduh
Delete