Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Besslerrad.com

I don’t usually promote other websites detailing the life of Johann Bessler aka Orffyreus, I used to do it but as time passed sometimes they disappeared or they become outdated, and I’ve had to lose some of mine because of the cost of running several sites simultaneously.  But there is one site which is full of information about the inventor and although it was originally in German, it is now available in English.

I’ve corresponded with Volker Keller off and on for about sixteen years, he is the same age as me, 81, has two daughters, just like me!  I asked for permission to publicise his web site and he agreed, so please take the time to visit his site.  It’s brilliant.

Besslerrad.com

JC

29 comments:

  1. Keller's Bessler biography is okay, but he's got some of his Bessler wheel facts wrong. He thinks Bessler never used pendulums on his wheels but only in drawings (no wonder JC is pushing his site!). This contradicts Bessler's own statements. He also thinks that during the Kassal wheel test that the wheel was constantly running the stamping machine. Where is that written? Like others, he gave up trying to duplicate the wheel after a decade of failures and now just leaves us with his best guess OB mechanism that uses folding arms and springs to move weights out of the descending side and back toward the axle on the ascending side. No sim for verification. It's just another unworkable mechanism to add to the hundreds of dead duck designs already on the web (an end game most likely to be repeated by JC in the near future).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keller is like John's doppelganger over in Germany! Their multiple websites look the same and even the sketches are similar. I also noticed they both also tend to confuse the operations and tests of the Merseburg and Kassal wheels!
      Yes, Keller in his "Speculations" section "informs" his readers that 'During the 54-day endurance test in Kassel, the stamping mill enabled purely acoustic monitoring of its functioning without having to open the sealed room each time." I don't recall ever seeing that mentioned anywhere else and I doubt it.
      You were mistaken about one thing though. Keller claims he chased Bessler pm for 12 years, not just 10, before calling it quits. I'm surprised he hung in there that long. I think most give up within maybe six months when they finally realize that a 4 lb weight dropping 4 feet cannot make another 4 pound weight rise higher than 4 feet so that the motion will be self sustaining and some of the extra energy being created can be diverted to run equipment outside of their pm wheel. IOW, you cannot just make energy out of nothing. It has to come from some source and gravity cannot be that source. Other than that, the biographical info Keller provides seems to be fairly accurate. I'd recommend his site to others here, but just be cautious about his analysis of how Bessler's wheels were tested and may have worked.

      Delete
    2. anche qui non si tiene conto del principio di eccesso di peso.

      Delete
  2. Io é dal 2009 che mi sono appassionato e non mi sono ancora arreso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The English translation of your sentence is: "I have been passionate about this since 2009 and I still haven't given up."

      Excellent! Don’t give up!

      JC

      Delete
  3. OMG! It finally happened and I knew it was only a matter of time! John has finally flipped out completely and is now convinced he is the actual reincarnation of Johann Bessler! He's even running around Warwickshire dressed up like an 18th century man and carrying some odd looking pentagon thing with him that he claims is a perpetual motion machine! Here's a cell phone photo someone took of him recently:

    https://i.postimg.cc/tR6hc5z3/John-flips-out.png

    His current whereabouts are unknown. But, PLEASE if anyone sees him, call the constables immediately. He needs to be apprehended and immediately hospitalized so he can get the treatment he so desperately needs. Let us all pray for his speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sad. This should be a warning to others what one of the many side effects of too much Bessler pm wheel chasing can be. I shall keep him my prayers. 🙏

      Delete
    2. I liked the picture! I seem to have been given a makeover, I wish my teeth were really like that!

      JC

      Delete
    3. Of course JC is the reincarnation of Bessler and that should be obvious to the long time members of this blog. Didn't our former member "Shemp", who was the actual reincarnation of Shemp Howard of the Three Stooges comedy team who died suddenly in 1955, explain to us how all of this reincarnation stuff works?

      When Bessler fell off of that windmill in 1745 he was prepared. He was wearing a very rare and powerful talisman known as the "Pentacle of Reincarnation" which he purchased from his rabbi friend over in Prague for a high price. As soon as Bessler hit a rock on the ground, his head shattered like a melon spilling his brains out all over the place, but his immortal soul was instantly freed and took flight.

      That talisman was so powerful, it actually sent Bessler's soul almost three centuries into the future! In that future, his mother was in the area and pregnant with John at the time. Bessler's soul was flying around that location desperately trying to find a suitable mind to inhabit. That's when it zeroed in on John's developing fetus brain and took up residence in it!

      So, you see that is why John has always been the reincarnation of Johann Bessler. It's just taken him the last 80 years to fully realize it. For example, John is not his first name which is actually Michael. But, the soul of Bessler inside of him made him start using John as a first name. Note that Bessler died in 1745 and John is born in 1945. That's not a coincidence. Also, John is totally obsessed with building Bessler's wheels. That's because he's being driven to do so by the soul of Bessler inside of his mind. Bessler's soul still wants to find a seller for his invention!

      So no need for the cops in his town to tackle him and drag him off to a hospital for treatment (medications and electroconvulsive treatments would be ineffective because only an exorcism performed by a specially trained rabbi might be able to finally dislodge Bessler's soul from John's brain). He's only doing what anyone would do who finally realizes that he's the reincarnation of someone who lived and died over three centuries ago! So, just relax everyone and let John be Johann which he always was.

      Delete
    4. @anon 15:43. You took the words right out of my mouth with your comment. I've suspected for a long time that JC wasn't who he appeared to be. Thanks for finally clearing all of that up for us. I won't be wearing one of those pentacles of reincarnation myself because when I finally croak I want to go straight up to heaven while all of my past "friends", business partners, and ex's will be down in the other place. I don't want to fly around on Earth looking for a baby's brain to possess. I've had enough of this place to last me forever!

      Delete
    5. You know what? I liked that picture so much I’m going to post it on this blog. Of course if the anon, who posted it doesn’t want me to, I’ll take it down asap. If you want credit let me know and I’ll add it.

      JC

      Delete
    6. It is a great AI fake photo and captures your spirit perfectly. I'm sure the anon who made it won't mind you using it and would love to see it showcased on one of your blogs.

      Delete
    7. That fake photo looks good, but you might want to reduce its size a little. Right now it doesn't completely fit into my laptop's 15.6 in screen!

      Delete
    8. Am I the only one to notice that his jacket lapel has exactly five buttons showing!

      Delete
    9. @anon 02:02

      Actually I count SEVEN visible buttons on his jacket. There are five above his arm and two below his arm. The AI program that generated the image must have realized how important that number was to Bessler. The clothes they wore back then were really bulky. Kind of like wearing blankets made into clothing! But they would have kept you warm during those frigid European winters though.

      Delete
  4. ...... needs a wig with curls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been done before, but with mixed reviews:

      https://i.postimg.cc/htCXkNY2/DTJC.jpg

      It's better for JC to leave his sweaty bald head completely uncovered. That way he can use the noonday Sun reflecting off of it to flash blind as punishment anyone who dares to suggest that Bessler's pm wheels did NOT use FIVE weights! ☀️😎

      Delete
    2. Look carefully, there is an important clue for the functioning of this wheel.

      Delete
    3. There are five superimposed Y’s, it’s a sign!

      Delete
    4. There is a Y in the folds of the shoulder, etc...

      Delete
    5. it’s the two-way wheel, he has two glasses of glasses!

      Delete
    6. he looks great, 'would like to be like that at his age

      Delete
  5. ho notato che MT137 é praticamente uguale al quarto pentacolo di Mercurio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That similarity was already noticed back in the August 01, 2026 blog by Brad. It offers a nice solution to the mystery of the mt137 drawing by saying it's just a version of the 4th Pentacle of Mercury that is supposed to help scientists, engineers, etc with their researching.
      Bessler was into all sorts of mysticism and numerology and had probably studied the Kabbalah with his rabbi friend in Prague. It's possible that Bessler inserted a NEW drawing mt137 along with the Toy Page drawing AFTER he removed and destroyed the original FIVE drawings, mt137 to mt141 showing how his one and two direction wheels worked. The insertion of the new mt137 4th Pentacle of Mercury drawing was intended to help any future readers of mt better understand where Bessler had hid the secrets of his pm wheel mechanisms in the single Toy Page. Considering how really mentally disturbed Bessler was when he removed and destroyed those five critical pages, it's amazing that he did not destroy the entire collection of drawings he had produced!
      I guess he did not do that because he realized he would have been destroying months, maybe even over a year of work due to what would just be a temporary fit of anger and he knew he'd deeply regret it when his anger eventually faded away. One has to be on guard about what he does when he's angry and wants to get immediate revenge to relieve his anger. Often the best thing to do is nothing and just wait until one cools off and can think clearly again.

      Delete
    2. Interesting theory, anon 16:32 which I've not read before. Usually we are told that Bessler removed and destroyed only four drawings from MT that showed how his pm wheels worked and he left the original MT 137 drawing in the work. Many think it is actually some sort pm wheel design that he experimented with and try to make physical model wheels using the drawing's design. But, you are saying that he actually removed five original drawings from MT that showed the details of his pm wheels' mechanisms and, in addition to the Toys Page, he then put back a new MT 137 which was his version of that "Fourth Pentacle of Mercury" talisman which he hoped would magically help any students studying the Toys Page to understand the clues hidden in it.

      I'm wondering why he even bothered to make his two drawing replacement for the five he removed and destroyed. Why bother? The only reason I can think of is that after he removed and destroyed those five original MT drawings, he must have felt guilty for doing so because he knew that made the work useless as far as showing anyone how his pm wheels worked. His solution to relieve the guilt that his actions had caused him was to add back the two drawings that he did. I think serious Bessler students need to examine that Toys Page as carefully as possible for hidden clues in it.

      A couple of blogs back there is a lot of new clues coming out about so-called Y shaped levers that Bessler used in his wheels and how they can be found in the Kassal wheel drawings in DT. Now I'm wondering if Bessler also hid a complete Y lever somewhere in the MT Toys Page. My instinct says that is impossible, but my instinct has been wrong MANY times in the past. Good luck to anyone who looks for that hidden Toys Page Y lever and finds it. I'm not talking about that little Y shape at the top of the Jacob's Ladder toy on the right side of the drawing. I'm talking about a really big lever that will suddenly stand right out when someone "connects the dots" the right way in the Toys Page drawing to define that lever.

      Then again, maybe Bessler did not go to the trouble of planning that Toys Page to contain that Y lever? Maybe he made that drawing up in a rush and figured that he had already hidden enough of the Y levers in his DT Kassal wheel drawings? If there is actually a full Y lever hidden in the Toys Page, then I'm not the one to find it. It's a job for the super clue hunters around here. Best of luck to any of them that give it a try.

      Delete
    3. @anon 04:49

      I read your request for someone to try to find a "complete Y lever" in the Toys Page. You can read my response in the previous blog's comments. As far as trying to psychoanalyze Bessler's behavior goes, it is not easy to do. He was a very complex man with a lot of inner conflicts. While he despised the rich in general, he grew to love the one rich man who helped him the most. While appearing to be hyper religious, he occasionally engaged in behavior of questionable morality. While wanting to make a quick sale of his invention, he was unwilling to compromise on the price once he can decided on it. But, we see all of those contradictions embodied in his pm wheels. They are not supposed to be able to work according to the laws of mechanics, but they do! What surprises me is that still today few people know who he was or what he did despite all of the discussion of him on the web. I'm confident, however, that all of that will quickly change once his wheels are successfully duplicated.

      Disciple of SoS

      Delete
    4. "...all of that will quickly change once his wheels are successfully duplicated."

      Yes, DoSoS, that would probably happen. But if we do not produce a working Bessler wheel, then I suspect that any interest in Bessler and his invention will quickly fade away soon after JC is finally gone from the scene. Maybe a decade after that Bessler will only be another topic that one can find on Wikipedia...assuming it is then still around!
      It's a bit of a shock to realize that information on the web is not carved into granite like words on a tombstone, but more like it was written in wet sand by some kid before the next wave comes in and washes it all away. With AI putting more and more websites under financial pressure due to the drop off in traffic to read revenue generating ads, I see a lot of waves offshore heading this way! 🌊🌊🌊

      Delete
    5. DoSoS wrote: "They are not supposed to be able to work according to the laws of mechanics, but they do!'

      When the LAWS of physics say something CANNOT work and it APPEARS to work, then either of two things must be true. Either (A) those laws are wrong even though they proved to be accurate when applied to millions of other similar cases OR (B) what is presented as "working" is only a hoax or some sort of magic trick. Right now 99.99+% of the world as selected option (B) as the solution to the Bessler wheel mystery. It is up to the VERY few of us who have selected option (A) to PROVE to the world that it is the correct option to select.

      Unfortunately, without an actual working PHYSICAL wheel model, not a drawing or a photo or a video or a sim, that we can slide right under their collective noses and rudely force their faces down into, they will continue to merrily go along with option (B) as they always have. Trying to get the world to select option (A) has been a most frustrating task for the last three CENTURIES. What is the chance that it will end, say, in the next decade while most of us are still breathing? Yeah, it could happen, but personally I'm not that optimistic about it. Right now the governments and private companies of our energy hungry world are pouring tens of BILLIONS of their currencies into funding research into fusion power plants. How much are they pouring into Bessler pm wheel research? ZERO! I don't expect that to change any time soon. 😞

      Delete
    6. A "law" in physics is only a law until it is broken. Imo, Bessler's wheels, once duplicated, will break that 1st law of thermodynamics. But maybe not if the high IQ guys can figure out where such a working wheel is getting its energy from that it uses to accelerate and run attached machines. It seems unlikely that it is just taking it out of nowhere. It has to have a source. From gravity? Maybe. From the motion of the Earth/Moon system? Maybe. From the atoms in the lead weights themselves? Maybe. From some sort of telekinetic force humanity naturally gives off? Who knows...maybe! However, none of this will ever be understood with any certainty until and unless we finally get those duplicate wheels built and running. All of the philosophy and speculation in the world will not do that. Only a lot of very hard work by dedicated, more like fanatical types will ever do that. So keep reading, keep studying, keep thinking and, most important of all, keep building!

      Delete

What Happened After Johann Bessler Left Kassel.

I promised to post some information on Johann Bessler's life after leaving Kassel, but I need to share some of his earlier experiences f...