I and some of my fellow researchers, believe that Johann Bessler intended to leave a number of clues which once deciphered would reveal the workings of his wheel. This was to protect his invention, and still have his name immortalised, should he die before he was able to sell it. I have studied all of his drawing over the last several decades and it has been difficult, to find the exact information needed to replicate Bessler’s wheel, but I have found a lot of clues, mostly not immediately helpful. The clues are fairly easy to find but their meaning is not so obvious.
After his death, a piece of paper was found upon which the inventor had scribbled a message. It reads,
Further demonstrations regarding the possibility and impossibility of perpetual motion.
‘N.B. 1st May, 1733. Due to the arrest, I burned or buried all the woodcuts that prove the possibility. However, I have left all demonstrations and experiments since it would be difficult for anybody to see or learn anything about a perpetual motion from them or to decide whether there was any truth in them because no illustration by itself contains a description of the motion; however, taking various illustrations together and combining them with a discerning mind, it will indeed be possible to look for a movement and find the Besslerwheel action in them'.
I’ve posted a copy of the note below. It’s rough and hardly legible but the meaning is clear
This is another example of Bessler sowing confusion by providing ambiguous
Pinformation. On the one hand he’s telling us that he has burned or buried certain woodcuts which prove the possibility of perpetual motion. I assume he burnt all the drawings that were on paper, but buried the actual woodcuts from which he could print. But he then he suggests that someone with a discerning mind might still find the solution by studying various illustrations.
I understand why many people assume he was referring to MT, because the message was written on the back of one of pages from MT. But in my opinion I think he was hinting that there was another source of information leading to the answers and it could be found by studying other illustrations. This note was written in 1733: long after GB, AP and DT had been published, but MT wasn’t even finished and he had no plans to publish it. So he didn’t necessarily mean just those in MT. I refer to the ones in GB, AP and DT.
At the end of his hastily scribbled note, I believe I see the word for ‘infinite’ or ‘unending’, which seems to have been omitted in the English translation. So that phrase should read ‘… t will indeed be possible to look for an unending movement and, finally find one in them'.
I also see what appears to be Bessler’s favourite icon or symbol, the circumpunct, representing his wheel. This suggests that the last line might be intended say, ‘….it will indeed be possible to look for a movement and, finally to find my perpetual motion wheel in them'. See the circumpunct as Bessler’s wheel in the image at the top of this page.
Bessler wrote in his book, Apologia Poetica, “Those who are keen to ask questions should ask them of this little book. My work will not be revealed prematurely.” He wrote this hint about hiding his secret in the AP book way back in 1717, so I doubt that he was alluding to his MT.
There are a number of different clues which are designed to point anyone who seeks to solve this puzzle, in the right direction, but they don’t necessarily form part of the solution. They are framed to concentrate the mind in the correct part of one or more of the drawings, from which you must extract the right configuration. All of the drawings contain valuable information but it is not easy to make the correct choice or know what is useful and what is a deliberately inserted clue to confuse or divert attention from the right interpretation. There are almost invisible lines, hinted at but not drawn in, so the images require extensive and prolonged study to understand what Bessler was showing us.
Apparently every picture tells a story and although the GB one seems similar to the first one in DT, there are subtle differences which seem to point in other directions. I don’t want fill this space, detailing all the nuances of the pictures, suffice to say, I have described many of the clues I have found over many years both here and on my other websites. But to be honest I’ve never described the way to decipher the drawings, but I believe I’ve made enough headway to complete my latest model.
Of course I don’t know if it will work, but this configuration is new to me. So fingers crossed……again!
JC


Lauter demonstrations wegen der möglige und unmögligkeit das Mobilie Perpetuo.
ReplyDelete----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NB: 1733 xxxx Ersten May habe wegen der Arrests alle die Formmen verbrandt, welche nicht vergraben, und welche die mögligkeit demonstriren die Demonstrationes und Experimenten aber habe liegen gelassen, weil niemand so leicht was darauß von einen Motu Perpetuo ersehen oder lernen kan, wie wohl doch etwas überhaubt darinnen gutes stecket, ob glich keine figur per se den Motum einen sich fasset. aber wenn verschieden die figuren zusammen kamen, und ein starker Verstand darzu, so ist ein selbigen wirklich eine movement zusuchen und darauß xxxx auch zufinden.
Many demonstrations concerning the possibility and impossibility of Perpetual Motion.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NB: 1733 xxxx 1st of May, because of the arrest have burned all models, which are not buried, and which demonstrate the possibility. However, the demonstrations and experiments have been left, since nobody can easily see or learn of a perpetual motion from them, if indeed there is any truth in them at all, as no figure taken by itself resembles the motion. However if several figures are combined, and a sharp mind as well, then one can indeed search for a movement and from it xxxx also find.
CHATGPT translated as “Various demonstrations concerning the possibility and impossibility of the Motus Perpetuus [perpetual motion].”
NB: In 1733, on the first of May, because of the arrests, I burned all the models [forms/patterns] that had not been buried, as well as those that demonstrated the possibility [of perpetual motion]. But I left the demonstrations and experiments lying there, because no one can so easily see or learn anything from them concerning a Motus Perpetuus. Nevertheless, there is something good in them in general, although no single figure, by itself, contains the motion. But when the various figures are brought together, and a strong understanding [intellect] is applied to them, then it is actually possible to seek a movement in them and also to find one from them.
Part 1 of 2 parts
ReplyDeleteThanks for your latest blog concerning Bessler's hidden clues, JC, which is indeed one of my strongest obsessions. Once again, I also have to apologize for my delayed return here. I had said I'd try to post comments once a month and now it's been three months since I last posted. I'm still in the process of catching up on all of the blogs and their comments that I missed since I was here last May 8th.
I have just recently finished reading through that May 8th blog's unusually long comment section and can only say that I was stunned by the sheer number of new clues that came out there. Some said that I somehow stimulated the torrent of new clues that followed my brief appearance. I cannot say that is impossible because "psychic amplification" is a real phenomenon, but I do not want to take any of the credit away from those who made the discoveries. They should consider them to be 100% due to their own hard work and also whatever psychic powers they may possess. The first and most important step in developing one's psychic abilities is to acknowledge that they exist. Sadly, many people never even take that first step and theirs remain permanently dormant as a result.
In that May 8th blog's comments an anon requested (almost insisted!) that I try to find a complete Bessler lever hidden somewhere in the few drawings we have that were done by him. I was resistant to doing that because I was most convinced that Bessler would never risk doing something like that since it would be revealing too much about the inner parts of his wheels. However, to satisfy the person making the request, I agree to give it a try.
It was not until over a month later that my schedule finally gave me enough time to relax and take a good look at all of the Bessler drawings that were published which meant that I excluded those many in MT. After a week, I had found nothing and was regretting that I had foolishly promised to even make the effort.
However, after the first week, I had this slowly growing nagging feeling that I had missed something which I know from past experiences meant that my psychic sense had noticed something and was trying to force me to go back to work on the problem some more so I could become consciously aware of it. Okay, I went along with it.
Sayer of Sooths
(continued in Part 2)
Part 2
DeleteAfter another three days, I suddenly noticed what I thought was a lever Bessler had hidden in one of the DT drawings. In fact, the lever actually appears twice which was Bessler's unique method of verifying that any clue one finds in a Bessler drawing is, in fact, a genuine clue. So, there is was right in front of me and I thought my mission was completed. I intended to come back here and announce that I had found Bessler's secret pm lever design and reveal it with a hastily made drawing. But, then I realized what I had found would probably not convince many because the levers aren't well shaped in the drawing and many would just dismiss them as the products of my imagination.
However, despite that initial discovery, that nagging feeling that I had still missed something important persisted and grew as another week passed. I tried to ignore it, but it only got stronger! Okay, back again to the drawing that I found the two crude levers in. My psychic mind was insisting I take a MUCH closer look at that drawing. I obeyed! But, still nothing. Two days later and still nothing. Then on day three, the BIG breakthrough occurred!
There it was, two fully formed levers in the same drawing with the exact points on them to which the connectedness principle ropes had to be attached. I could not believe my eyes at first. The levers are so cleverly hidden that I doubt if any of the AI programs now being promoted could ever have found them. I'm also quite sure that without my own psychic gifts, I, like many thousands before me, would never have found them either. I think when I finally reveal this amazing new clue many will be stunned by it as I was and still am.
Unfortunately, I have a very active and fatiguing weekend schedule planned and I simply do not have the time available now to prepare some drawings of these new clues. But, I do promise to return with them early next week. I can assure everyone that the wait will be well worth it Be prepared to see what I think some may indeed consider to be the "Ultimate Bessler Clue"!
Sayer of Sooths
(conclusion of Part 2)
Psychic powers? Ultimate Bessler Clue? Okay, now you have my attention. I will be looking forward to whatever you can show us. But we've been here in the past with others who claimed to have made a big discovery only they never led to anything of any use. Let's hope your "BIG breakthrough" will be different for a change. 🙄
DeleteWelcome back, SoS!
DeleteI've been waiting impatiently for your return. If anyone but you made a statement like "I think when I finally reveal this amazing new clue many will be stunned by it as I was and still am." I would take it with a very large grain of salt. But, when you make it, I know it will be true! I cannot imagine what that "ultimate" clue will look like. I've been over all of the Bessler drawing many times and was very lucky to find the few clues that I did. But, I also know that he was a true master at hiding information in his drawings and finding it requires a super sleuth clue finder like you. I will also be eagerly looking forward to that ultimate clue you found. What could it be and where could it be hidden??? You have a unique ability to build up the suspense around here which is a good thing I think because it shakes things up and keeps them from getting boring.
Noob 625
I like to see as many drawings as possible. About 90% of all of the comments I read here and on BW forum are just a lot of philosophy which is fluff! With drawings you have something to turn around in your mind and they can give you new things to try building.
DeleteMuch thanks to whoever that anon was that managed to get SoS to look for that "ultimate clue". If he hadn't, then SoS wouldn't have found it and we would never be seeing it! Thanks, anon, whoever and wherever you are! ☺️👍
DeleteWelcome to you SoS. I have been following your clue revelations here over the years and found them to usually be rather amazing. Your reputation here is well earned, imo.
DeleteI noticed that you did not tell us which of the DT drawings you found that "Ultimate Clue" in, so let me do a bit of guessing here before you deliver your revelation. There are only five drawings, so I think I can narrow it down to the one where you most likely found that clue. For anyone who hasn't read DT yet (are there any serious Bessler students who haven't?), there are only five drawings in that Bessler book. They are the two portraits of Bessler at the front of the book, the drawing of the Merseburg wheel, and finally the two drawings of the wheel at Weissenstein Castle.
I can eliminate the two portraits because I know that Ken B did a lot of analysis of them for his book on Bessler's wheels and was unable to find a complete lever in either portrait.
Next, I eliminate the drawing of the Merseburg wheel because it is virtually identical to the drawing of that wheel that appears in GB and in that earlier work Bessler was probably not yet worried about preserving the secret lever design he used.
Then there's the first of the two Kassal wheel drawings. It only shows a side view and a SINGLE full face view of the wheel running an Archimedes water screw attached by a pulley rope to the wheel's axle. Your Ultimate Clue might be in this drawing, but I don't see how two full levers could be inserted into it. I don't think it's there.
That leaves the second Kassal wheel drawing which shows TWO full face views of the wheel. Something tells me your Ultimate Clue was put into this last drawing because it was the last drawing in DT and it also contains TWO full face views of the wheel's drum which could be a clue that the two complete levers are hidden in that drawing. Yes, if I was a betting man, this is where I think you found that Ultimate Clue. Where it is, I have no idea. But, if I was a betting man, then I would bet one million GBP's that JC is now going over that particular DT drawing with a giant magnifying glass hoping he can find its two hidden levers and show us a drawing of them before you do so he can grab the priority for publishing them first! 🔍👀❓❓❓
If there are two complete levers hidden in that last DT drawing as you claim you used your psychic power to discover, then that would indeed be a big discovery. "Ultimate Clue"...hmm, maybe, but I want to see what you found first before calling it that. I also join others here who are looking forward to seeing your latest new clue for us.
I'm sure KB is having a group chat with himself!
ReplyDeleteJohn wrote: "I understand why many people assume he was referring to MT, because the message was written on the back of one of pages from MT. But in my opinion I think he was hinting that there was another source of information leading to the answers and it could be found by studying other illustrations."
ReplyDeleteI agree 100% with that, John. Bessler may have destroyed the critical drawings in MT, but he could not destroy any of the drawings in his previously published books. It was those he must have been suggesting that we study in order to reverse engineer his pm mechanics. Also, I'm sure as he was destroying the MT drawings, he was very glad that he had made the clues in the drawings of his earlier publications so difficult to find and interpret. As he was making those earlier drawings, he was already expecting there would be many efforts to steal his pm secrets in the future and was putting in safeguards to protect them.
I think when Bessler got arrested (sometime prior to the death of Karl in March of 1730) and removed from his residence by possibly armed constables, that really shook him up. He realized that while he was sitting in a local jail cell, someone could have been getting a court order to legally allow him to enter Bessler's residence, break into his workshop, and then remove any working wheel he found there at the time to be used as evidence at a trial or, if it could not be moved, to then just tear away its covering to reveal its secret mechanics. Imagine how paranoid thinking about the possibility of that happening would have made Bessler feel after he's spent years trying to keep his secret design from being stolen. Of course, he removed and destroyed all of the MT drawings that showed how his wheels worked. It was the only thing he could do to safeguard their secrets and calm his jangled nerves once he realized that he could no longer trust the legal system of his region. I probably would have done the exact same thing myself! 😧
Btw...I came across a reference saying that Bessler was also arrested again in 1740 for committing "heresy". I had never heard of that before. Any truth to it?
I never heard of Bessler being arrested for heresy in 1740 either. But, if he was, it could have been serious for him. Here's what I found in the Encyclopedia Britannica about such a charge:
Delete"In 18th century Europe, heresy charges could lead to severe penalties, including imprisonment or execution, although many countries began to move towards decriminalization and reduced punishments for heresy during this period. The legal landscape was shifting, with some regions abolishing the death penalty for heresy, reflecting a growing trend towards religious tolerance and the separation of church and state."
With "Christian" churches constantly policing the social order back then, one had to be careful about what he professed if he wanted to keep his head attached to his body!
Here's a new theory to consider.
DeleteBessler did not remove those drawings from MT in 1733, but much later...like in 1745. In 1733, after Karl's death, Bessler was arrested again and convicted of the crime of heresy. His attempt to replace the local Lutheran Church with his Orffyrean Church is what got him convicted and sentence to five years. After that he was released and joined his second younger wife in their home in Karlshafen. Immediately upon his release, he went right back to work trying to find buyers for his pm wheels. He still had his little 3 foot diameter prototype wheel which had been carefully hidden away at his home during his incarceration. I was only after his last failed attempt to sell a working wheel (maybe scaled down to only 6 feet in diameter to make it easily portable) to the Royal Society over in England, that he finally destroyed the 3 foot diameter prototype and all of the drawings in MT that showed how his pm wheels worked. Shortly after that he had his accident where he fell off of the unfinished windmill in Furstenberg whose construction he was overseeing. Was it an accident, murder, or suicide? We'll probably never know for sure, but I lean toward it being an accident. Years ago someone here suggested that Bessler was cockeyed drunk which was caused it to happen. I guess that is possible since most males his age back then were probably alcoholics. It's also possible that, being 65 yrs old, he had multiple health problems that caused him to have some sort of dizzy spell or to faint when on top of that windmill.
I recall reading somewhere that Bessler designed some sort of perpetual fountain and a self playing glockenspiel musical instrument in 1738. I guess he could have come up with them after he was finally released from jail. This is one of the problems I've noticed with the Bessler history. Things tend to become blurry right after the destruction of his Weissenstein Castle wheel which is believed to have occurred on August 17, 1721. Like Jesus, there is still so much we do not know about all of the details of Bessler's life and his inventions.
DeleteInfantile idiocies of a sick mind—that’s the new toy. Away with it! To hell with the freaks who deny documented history.
DeleteThere can be different opinions on how to interpret "documented history". So far, we've all been supplied with only one of those interpretations. A healthy mind should remain open to alternative interpretations which can also be valid.
DeleteWith his protective patron gone, I don't doubt Bessler's various enemies would have seen it as a golden opportunity to inflict their revenge on him. After the destruction of the Kassal wheel, Bessler might have taken a break from trying to sell his pm wheel invention and concentrated instead on promoting his Orffyrean religion. To gather followers he might have been telling people not to attend their local churches but rather start attending local churches that Bessler had set up for them in rented buildings. His new religion would have congregations consisting of Catholics, Protestants, Jews, etc. as he tried to unify all of the various faiths into a single faith...his!
As soon as the local clergy became aware of that activity and the drop off in their revenue it was causing, they knew they had to get rid of Bessler. It's basically the same thing that happened to Jesus only instead of being crucified, Bessler's punishment was to sit out a five year long sentence in some local jail while the clergymen were busy undoing any damage Bessler had done to their churches. To maintain control over their "flocks", they would have announced that Bessler was then in jail after being found to be a heretic and all of his followers should immediately ignore anything he had told them and return to their original churches unless they wanted to risk spending eternity in Hell!
Reasonable suggestions but the truth is stranger. I’ll tell you more in my next blog.
DeleteJC
Anon 02:56 wrote "...the destruction of his Weissenstein Castle wheel which is believed to have occurred on August 17, 1721."
DeleteThat means that we're all now just about a week past the 305th anniversary of the destruction of that wheel. And, what has been accomplished so far?
@anon 16:57
DeleteI guess that depends upon how you define accomplishment. In the last 20 years we've seen nice translations of Bessler's pm wheel books both published and unpublished during his lifetime made available. We've had this blog and other websites to promote Bessler's invention and encourage researchers to try to reverse engineer his successful pm wheels. We've also had plenty of clues, particular new ones in the last few years that are, imo, bringing us ever closer to being able to finally make real, working physical duplicates of his pm wheels. Those are all things that should not to ignored. They are real progress. The important thing now is not to give up just because the ultimate prize has not yet been obtained. It eventually will be. Meanwhile we have to all keep the faith and keep working away at it. Rome wasn't built in a day as they say.
Anon 02:56 wrote:
Delete"I recall reading somewhere that Bessler designed some sort of perpetual fountain and a self playing glockenspiel musical instrument in 1738."
I haven't seen anyone come up with a suggested design for Bessler's automatic pm powered glockenspiel music instrument yet (although I imagine it might have been something like an elongated pm powered drum with pegs carefully arranged across its length that somehow hit little bells with different strike notes to play a tune...sort of like a giant music box...that could be used at country fairs as an attention getter), but years ago Ken B made an animation showing how he thought that Bessler's perpetual fountain would operate. It's an interesting double piston design that keeps the water constantly spurting up to the same height. Here's a link to his youtube video showing what that perpetual fountain's plumbing might have looked like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TemOSfaZ6h8
That mention of a "self-playing glockenspiel" gave me an excuse to get some practice with making paint drawings. Here's what I think Bessler's self-powered glockenspiel might have looked like. I wonder if he ever actually built it?
Deletehttps://i.postimg.cc/BZFZLjQG/glockenspiel.jpg
It's a very simple design. The two black rectangles on the sides are small Bessler pm wheels. They work together to continuously rotate the wooden axle between them. That axle has small, tight fitting wooden pegs sticking out of holes bored into its surface. As a peg hits one of the brass bells, it causes it to vibrate at the end of the stiff spring that it is attached to and the metal clapper inside of the bell then makes it ring. If Bessler bored many holes into the surface of the axle, he would be able to insert the pegs into different holes and that would then make the instrument play different tunes.
Noob 625
Looks good Noob! Yours is the first time Ive seen someone try to draw Bessler's glockenspiel design. It certainly looks like it could work. I'd add a few features though.
DeleteTo make it portable I'd put it on some sort of cart. Depending on its weight that could be something like a one or two wheel type wheel barrow or even a four wheel cart that could be pushed along like a modern shopping cart. People today don;t realize how rough the roads where back then. In the country they could be muddy dirt with deep ruts made by wagon wheels. In the larger cities with a lot of traffic, they were usually cobblestones that, as Bessler found out the hard way, can be very slippery and dangerous when wet. Many a poor horse probably had to be "put down" after one of his iron horseshoes slipped on wet cobblestones and he broke a leg.
I also see another feature that Bessler could add to that design. You show it being able to play an octave of notes using eight bells of different sizes. He could have made the top part holding the springs removable. That would allow him to replace it with top parts holding the bells that made tones an octave higher or lower.
If he had some way of quickly changing the long axle with the pegs on it, he could have a variety of tunes available for religious holidays like Christmas and Easter. There would be merry tunes for parties or rural fairs. Maybe even sad dirges for funerals. It would be great if we could find one of his glockenspiel machines that he actually built by hand sitting in a museum somewhere in Europe! However something tells me that if we ever do, then the two perpetual motion wheels that powered it won't be attached to it! 😃
Interesting. Looks like a mobile bell choir. Bell choir music is popular around the holidays.
DeleteI'm back with the next and second installment of my comments here.
ReplyDeleteSorry, but no ultimate clue drawing yet because I'm having more difficulty drawing it than I anticipated. But, I should have it done in another day or so. Meanwhile, here is a drawing which I refer to as a "first level clue". When I found it, I thought that I was done and intended to just make a quick drawing and then post its link to postimages.org to satisfy that anon that I made a promise to back in May. Little did I know that this clue was actually the gateway to a much more difficult to find and far more amazing clue! Here's my drawing of that first level gateway clue:
https://i.postimg.cc/hPN3120k/my-first-level-clue.jpg
On the left side of my drawing you will see the section of that second DT drawing of the Kassal wheel's drum where I found this first level clue. Most viewing the dark vertical border between the two views of the drum would probably not notice anything unusual. But, look at the middle part of my drawing where I used yellow lines to show that the overlapping of the left side of the drum by the dark vertical border actually forms two letter Y's! But, they each have one of their three arms curved and do not look like the way the letter Y is usually printed which is with straight arms. I think most would say that they are not completely convinced that these malformed letters in the DT drawing are supposed to represent two complete Y shaped levers. The only thing unusual about them is that they are mirror images of each other (assuming that the plane of the mirror was oriented horizontally between the Y's). Despite that, they could just be casually dismissed as coincidental due to the way Bessler obscured the right side of the drum in his DT drawing.
Finally on the right side of my drawing, notice the two small yellow circles. They encircle the points were the curving arms of the Y's intersect the dark vertical border. They are the points where the forks of each misshaped letter Y start. I did not realize it at the time, but those two little points would prove to be critical to finding that "Ultimate Clue" in this DT drawing! In my next and final installment, what I am talking about will become much clearer. Be prepared for a really amazing new clue!
Sayer of Sooths
Btw. Someone said in a recent blog's comments that they were sure I'd recommend those trying to recreate Bessler's wheels wear that 4th Pentacle of Mercury talisman. Yes, I definitely would recommend doing that. I've ordered one that I can wear on my keychain along with other important talismans that I always carry with me. Never underestimate their power.
Nice to see you back again, SoS...seems like it's been forever since your last visit here.
DeleteI checked out that second DT drawing showing the two views of the Kassal wheel's drum and I noticed something which is connected, I think, with the two weird Y shapes you found near that dark border separating the two drums. If you look at the left side of the drawing you can find a lot of Y shapes hidden in the corners and shadows. They all have three straight arms. It's almost like Bessler was using them to program the reader to only see straight arm letter Y's. That could have been his clever way of making readers ignore the two weird levers that you pointed out to us. Why would he do that? Probably to make it more difficult for people to find those two Y's you found which could lead them to that "ultimate clue" you've got everyone here so excited about...including me!
But, if you look at the upper left quadrant of the left drum in that DT drawing, you can find another weird letter Y. This one is really weird because, unlike the two you found, it has two curved arms and only one straight one. If you then drop down to the lower left quadrant of that left drum, you can find another, but it is not the mirror image of the one above it. I'm not sure what the significance of those two other weird Y's could be though. Maybe he placed them there to further distract readers from the two that you found? If so that means that the two you found must lead to a VERY important clue and one he wanted to make as difficult to find as possible. Good thing we have someone like you working on it!
Anyway, you recommend wearing a "Fourth Pentacle of Mercury" talisman? Good enough for me. I'll look into getting myself one for my keychain too.
Brad
Bizarre! It sounds like we are dealing with two types of clues in Bessler's drawings. There are the regular hard to see and interpret clues and then there are the clues within clues or as SoS calls them "first level clues" that lead one to even more deeply hidden clues! I'm amazed that Bessler had enough time to work on his pm wheels and to also make all of those clue filled drawings of his. Yet he also created several pages in MT showing all of his secret pm wheel mechs to which all of his hidden published clues would apply. No wonder to finally screw the greedy world he hated he had to remove and destroy just those few drawings even though they were unpublished. He knew that if he did not do that, then after his next arrest or final death someone was sure to find them and that would be the end of the secrecy he wanted to maintain on his pm wheels and his hope of selling his invention while living.
DeleteKB overload!!!
DeleteTrying to find and interpret Bessler's most important and deepest hidden clues after reading his books is like being given a treasure map and being told to sail to the remote island on the map and start digging where there are various X's marked on the map because some famous pirate's huge treasure of gold MIGHT be buried there in one of the holes. So off you go to the island aboard a ship passing that way, use a small rowboat you purchase from the ship's owner to paddle your way tens of miles over to the island, fight your way through a dense jungle filled with really big bugs and poisonous snakes and finally begin digging at the location of the first X on the map you paid most of your life savings for.
DeleteAfter a week of exhausting work in the hot Sun, you've made a dozen holes and found nothing. But, you marked them off on your map and, after taking a break for a few days, you keep digging at the remaining X locations despite the worsening jungle fever you are suffering from. Finally, your shovel hits a small chest and your bring it out of the hole and smash it open. Finally, you think, your suffering will be rewarded and you will be one of the richest men in your country. You live in the finest house, wear the finest clothes, eat the finest food, and have the finest women in the land eager to meet you. Life will be a true paradise for you! The box, however, only contains a few gold coins and all of your get rich quick fantasies immediately evaporate! As your blood pressure gets dangerously high, you say to yourself "This is it? I risked my life and health for a few gold coins that will just about cover my expenses getting here? When I get back to my village I'm going to visit the guy who sold me this stupid treasure map and demand all of my money back along with a very sincere apology. If I do not get them, I will be introducing him to my favorite baseball bat because I will be needing to do some 'batting practice' using him as the ball! "
What you did not know is that, back on the island and in that last hole you were digging in, if you had only dug down another three feet or so you would have found several much larger chests each containing thousands of gold coins! With them all of your dreams would have come true and you would have lived happily ever after... 😎💰💰💰
A little tale to keep in mind as you hunt around for new Bessler pm wheel clues.
Three large chests filled with say three thousand gold coins that were one ounce each would weigh about 615 pounds. Then add to that the weight of three chests weighing maybe 50 pounds each would give a grand total weight of 765 pounds. That would be a lot of weight for one man with jungle fever to drag through a dense jungle. The next question is whether or not his rowboat could handle his weight along with an extra 765 pounds. It might, but it could be so low in the water that one unexpected wave would swamp it and send him and it right down to Davy Jones' locker! Maybe it's a good thing he didn't find those extra three chests afterall. Trying to get them off of the island and back to his village could have cost him his life. You can't enjoy a treasure if you're dead!
DeleteAs a friend of mine often repeats "Never pray for anything too hard...because you might actually get it!" By that he means that we humans often chase after the very things in life that would be bad for us in the long run and actually make us more miserable rather than more happy. It's not logical, but it's often true.
So where is that ultimate Bessler clue that SoS promised us??? We're tired of waiting for it! We want it NOW! I hope SoS isn't going to turn into a total creep by taking off without delivering that "amazing" new clue that he PROMISED to reveal for us! We deserve better treatment than that! 😠
ReplyDeletePatience little grasshopper! If SoS promised to show us a new clue, you need not worry about him ghosting us. He is not another JC! He mentioned that he's having trouble with the drawing that shows the new and supposedly ultimate clue and that's probably the reason for any delays. I have as much faith in him delivering on a promise as I have in the Sun rising tomorrow! 🌅
DeleteHeed the words of your Shaolin Master, Little Grasshopper, as you prepare to set forth from his Buddhist monastery into the murky world of Bessler pm wheel research!
Deletehttps://i.imgflip.com/46r55m.jpg
Latest news from NASA scientists! The Sun will not be rising tomorrow! The reason is due to a giant cloud of thick space dust that is moving between the Sun and our Earth. Try not to panic, but start collecting candles and lighters now! How long we will be in total darkness is as yet unknown!
DeleteFake news. The sun's not rising tomorrow because it is shining out of some presidents a__
DeleteI'm not worried about SoS failing to deliver that ultimate clue he promised us. He's not going to risk losing the credibility he built up here over the years by promising and not delivering. He said he'd reveal in the early part of this week which means before the stoke of midnight August 26th his local time whatever that is. Of course, I'm assuming that all goes well with the drawing of it he is doing. If he's having a lot of problems with it, I'd rather he take some more time (days not weeks!) and do a better job then do a sloppy one to show us just so he can beat some arbitrary deadline.
DeletePart 1 of 2 parts
ReplyDeleteOkay, it's time to finally reveal what could possibly be Bessler's "Ultimate Clue" in this my third and final installment to my comments for this blog! No more delays!
In my previous comment I showed how my attention finally became focused on those two points on that second DT drawing's central dark vertical border which I circled in yellow. They were where the curving rim of the left side drum seemed to pass behind the vertical border of the drawing that separated the two drums shown. As I continued to study those points I realized that they could also represent the locations of the pivots found in the KB lever! Was it possible that each of those points was actually the pivot of a much larger Y shaped lever that Bessler hid in that second DT drawing? As it turned out, that is exactly what they were!
Using other points in that DT drawing showing the two Kassal wheel drums, it is possible to construct two mirror images of a Y shaped lever. In this drawing (probably the most difficult I've ever made for this blog!) I show how to find the two full Y shaped levers Bessler hid in his drawing:
https://i.postimg.cc/4N7wKBPR/bessler-s-ultimate-clue.jpg
The red lines give the basic shape of each three arm lever and all of the angles between their arms (which are 45, 157.5, and 157.5 degrees) and exactly match those in the Y shaped lever KB found. To find the basic shapes of the two Y levers, you cannot just use the drawing itself. You must use the drawing and also one of the letters in the text above and below the right side drum drawing. You draw red lines from the two corners on the left side of the drawing to the two black dot pivots located on the dark vertical separator border as shown. Those lines run through the centers of the two levers' B arms. Next, from those two pivot points draw two red lines to the center of the right side drum's axle. Those two red lines rung through the centers of the two levers' Main arms.
Again from the black dots representing the two levers' pivots on the dark separator border draw a red line for the top lever to the bottom point in the middle of the letter M in the word "Mobilis" above the right side drawing's drum. For the bottom mirror image lever draw a red line to the bottom point of the letter M in, again, the word "Mobilis" but this time on the first line of text below the right side drum drawing (there was glitch made by the typesetter for the page and the letters "is" are slightly above the line of the text). You now have the three arms of two Y shaped levers and their analogous angles are identical. I said that the two levers are mirror images of each other, but that is not strictly true. That would require that the B arms of the two levers be parallel to each other which they are not. (I've included a small inset image showing what two truly mirror image KB levers would look like if their B arms were parallel to each other and their Main arm weights were not overlapping as happens in Bessler's clue.)
Finally, for this clue one needs to find the connectedness principle cord attachment points on each lever's three arms and this can be very difficult to do. I decided to use the KB lever in my research into this unusually difficult to find clue because, other than being the only one claiming Bessler actually used this shape of lever in his pm wheels, KB is the only one who has used the clues he found in other Bessler drawings to locate exactly where on the three arms of one of Bessler's Y levers the connectedness principle cord or ropes had to be attached. In my drawing I've indicated those points using small black dots. They are located on the red lines of passing through the center of each arm by using additional yellow lines I've added that intersect the red lines at precise points.
Sayer of Sooths
(continued in Part 2)
Part 2
DeleteStarting from the left ends of the two Y shaped levers I've found in that DT drawing and moving toward the right, we first find the locations of the B1 attachment points which are gotten for both levers by drawing a yellow line straight up from the center of the floor pulley and seeing were it intersects the red lines for the two levers' B1 arms. Next, we see the two pivots of the two Y shaped levers that are located on the dark vertical border between the individual drums and which I've indicated with larger black dots.
Then going out from the top and bottom left side corners of the frame containing the right side drum, one can extend yellow lines to various points that will show the locations of the A1, A2, A3, and A4 attachment points on the two levers' A arms as well as the L1 points on the two levers' Main arms. Finally, the L2 points at the ends of the two levers' Main arms, where a lever's weights were attached, is shown to be located exactly at the center of the right side drum's axle which is indicated by a single small black dot because the L2 points for both levers are overlapped there.
We see from all of this that this new clue not only gives us the exact geometry of the Y shaped levers' three arms and the locations of their pivots, but also the seven (there's that number again!) attachment points on each lever's three arms for the cords or ropes that interconnected it with other levers inside of a pm wheel's drum. The remaining point, L2, is not for a cord or rope, but for the place where one or more lead weights would be attached to the end of a lever's parallel pair of Main arms.
Recall that KB claims that Bessler's Y shaped levers were not flat. They had width to them and each one consisted of two identical, three arm wooden pieces that were held parallel to each other by short wooden pieces a few inches in length. The connectedness principle cords or ropes were then attached by small metal hooks to steel pins held between the parallel arms of a lever. Perhaps that is why this new lever clue is shown as it is. Aside from showing two identical levers, which is what is known as Bessler's "double verification method" to show that a clue is genuine, one can image the two Y levers shown being folded over onto each other to form those two piece levers that KB claims Bessler used in his pm wheels.
Finally, to help readers better visualize the two levers, I have outlined each of the two levers with white lines.
Well, that's it from me for a while. I will leave it to others to further analyze this most unique new clue and decide for themselves if they think it qualifies as Bessler's "Ultimate Clue". I'm not quite prepared to proclaim it so at this time because it might be possible that there are other even more detailed, but very deeply buried clues in the other Bessler drawings that await future discovery.
I would however suggest that those who do wish to further analyze this particular new clue do so by carefully measuring the distances of the little black dot cord or rope attachment points on the three arms of the Y levers from a lever's pivot and then forming simple ratios from them. Then compare those ratios to the ratios determined for the same attachment point distances that KB found for the Y shaped lever design he published years ago. Allowing for the inaccuracies that can occur when making length measurements off of a laptop screen, I suspect that it will be seen that there will be very good agreements between the pairs of ratios being compared. The better the agreements, the more likely that the KB lever is actually the one that Bessler used in his pm wheels.
Farewell to all for now and I hope you found this new clue of interest.
Sayer of Sooths
(conclusion of Part 2)
@Noob 625 and Brad.
DeleteI forgot to add this special message for you two!
I have been most impressed by the new clues you both have been finding in the Bessler drawings since I visited here last May 8th. Keep up the good work! The more you exercise your psychic powers, the stronger they will become.
I was also glad to read that Brad is considering getting himself one of those 4th pentacle of mercury talismans to carry with him. I think he will be glad he did. He might also consider another talisman with a triplet of 7's on it for extra luck which I have found to be particularly powerful and credit with protecting me from a near fatal accident several years ago. When pursuing the secrets of Bessler's pm wheels, we need all of the luck we can get! Actually, I would recommend these two talismans to all those pursuing the secrets of Bessler's pm wheels.
Sayer of Sooths
Omg SoS! I think you just hit the ball right out of the park with this new clue. That's what I like about you. Promises you make equal promises you keep and right on schedule too!
DeleteIs it Bessler's ultimate clue or even a real clue? To answer that people should ask themselves what is the random chance that there are 7 points, all located at some sort of corner, in that DT drawing that when connected together the right way just happen to form two of those Ken B Y levers? Maybe the chance is about one in a billion?
It's obvious to me that those levers you found in that last DT drawing were put there on purpose by Bessler because their appearance cannot be accidental. How you managed to find them is beyond me, but I'm starting to think all of your talk about that psychic stuff is for real. I wish I had that kind of power, but the only luck I seem to have is bad luck. Maybe I should look into getting myself some of those talismans you are recommending? I sorely need some good luck in my life for a change.
☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
@SoS
DeleteFirst, thanks for the approval. It means a lot to me. I will also look into getting one of those triple 7 talismans you recommend.
Second, when you said that your new clue was "amazing" and "stunning" I thought you were just exaggerating. I was wrong about that! It is probably one of the most detailed clues you've ever presented on this blog. I've downloaded it and will keep it with my collection of the other clues you've provided over the years. This one is truly outstanding. and I would have no problem calling it Bessler's Ultimate Clue.
While studying it I noticed something else interesting. It's a minor secondary clue that I can see hidden in your new clue. If you rotate the two white levers you drew counterclockwise by 90° degrees, you will see that they look like the letter W. I think that stands for "Weissenstein" which was the castle in which the Kassal wheel was constructed and kept until its destruction by an enraged Bessler in 1721. Now rotate the two white levers clockwise by 90° degrees and you will see that they look like the letter M. I think that stands for "Merseburg" which is the town where the Merseburg wheel was constructed and kept until Bessler dismantled it prior to moving himself and his family out to Weissenstein Castle.. What is the possible symbolism of these two letters that can only be formed because Bessler joined their two Main arms' L2 points together at the center of the axle of the DT drawing's right side drum? I think it's meant to show us that the same Y shaped levers were used in both the Kassal and Merseburg wheels.
Once again, SoS, you have shown us why you should be considered one of the greatest Bessler clue hunters to ever come along. I can only hope that one day, with much practice, I can come close to having your abilities. I wish you could come back here every blog with new clues for us, but I realize that's probably never going to happen. However, I'm grateful for any new clues you can share with us.
Brad
If this new SoS clue is genuine as it appears to be, then it means that the Y lever Ken B found years ago must be what Bessler used. Now the question to consider is if the rest of the design that Ken B found is also valid? That particular lever shape looks like it was carefully designed by Bessler to be used in a particular arrangement with other identical levers inside the drums of his pm wheels. You just can't have eight isolated levers by themselves inside of the drum. Those "attachment points" on its arms are intended to be used with ropes that interconnect several levers together. You must also use the right mass weights and springs with the right elastic properties.
DeleteCount Karl did see the details of Bessler's wheels as a condition of giving Bessler his patronage and they did impress him as being "simple" so that one of Bessler's wheels could be quickly built by a young carpenter's assistant after he studied the design for a while. But, I think that Karl, during a brief examination of a wheel, was completely unaware of how intricate Bessler's pm mechanics really were with regard to the specs of the parts he used. One can look at a modern automobile, see its tires and engine, and then take it for a short drive and be impressed by how simple and easy it is to drive. But, when one looks over exploded diagrams of its various mechanical parts and its circuit diagrams, he realizes that initial impression is just a delusion. Modern cars are very complex and have to be to make driving them so easy. I think much the same applies to Bessler's pm wheels.
Everyone thinks that to make a pm wheel all he needs to do is find a simple design that always keeps the cog of its weights on one side of the wheel's axle and, while true in principle, that's the exact same naive belief I started out with myself. But when he tries to find that simple design, he eventually notices that years, even decades are slowly passing by and he's getting absolutely nowhere no matter what he tries! Pm research is not for those who are easily frustrated and how long one keeps working at it is no guarantee of eventually finding success. It does not work like that. Success really depends on having unbelievable luck. Maybe far more luck than you would need to win three major lottery jackpots in a row! SoS recommends using some lucky charms to help. My advice is don't carry just one such charm. Carry a dozen of them with you while working on your wheel!
There's an old saying: "The devil is in the details." I can't think of anything better described by that quote than pm wheel research! You just started your pm wheel research today? Great! That's wonderful news. Now get ready to enter our HELL of everlasting frustration! 🔥🔥🔥 If you're like about 99% of the newbies who pass this way, you won't last even one year before you decide that, for the sake of your sanity, you need to switch hobbies! I've heard that other hobbies like painting and reading novels can offer a relaxing alternative.
You are never alone with a schizophrenic around here
DeleteThanks for keeping us company, anon 19:22! 😂
DeleteI finally had a chance to sit down and read my way through this blog's comments. To say I was amazed by SoS's latest new clue for us would be the understatement of the century! I agree 100% with anon 01:36 that there is no way that this clue is some sort of accident. It had to be the result of some very careful planning by Bessler.
DeleteSoS suggested that those wanting to analyze this new clue see if the various ratios in the clue match those found in the original Ken B Y shaped lever. I decided to do just that. I went back to that May 8th blog and found the comment where someone linked us to a nice drawing he made showing the distances of the rope attachment pins from the pivots in the Ken B Y shaped lever that were actually based on the exact values he gives in his Bessler book. Here's the image of that Y lever's drawing:
https://postimg.cc/yJYcv9rx
I then made the following ratio as a test using the Ken B Y lever distance values. I divided the pivot to L2 distance of 3.5 in. by the pivot to B1 distance of 2.1 in. and got 1.666. Next I used a millimeter ruler on my laptop's screen to make measurements of the pivot to pin distances in the drawing of the new clue in the DT Bessler drawing that SoS found and made for us. I tried to be as accurate as possible, but measuring distances off of a laptop screen is not an easy thing to do. Finally, I used those distances to see how their ratio matched up with the one for the original Ken B Y lever design.
The pivot to L2 distance I measured in SoS's new clue was 10.0 mm
The pivot to B1 distance I measured in SoS's new clue was 6.1 mm
Setting up the ratio of these two distances gives us:
L2 / B1 = 10.0 mm / 6.1 mm = 1.639
That looks like a fairly close match to the exact value of 1.666 to me! I haven't checked the other possible ratios of pivot to attachment pin distances in that new lever clue SoS found for us, but based on this one I'd say that he's managed to prove that Ken B did find the actual Y shaped lever that Bessler used in his wheels. I think this could certainly be called Bessler's "Ultimate Clue"...at least until some future more detailed clue is found!
Much congratulations to SoS for his latest hidden clue contribution to this blog! I fully agree with those who've noticed that he always keeps his promises to us. That's one of the many reasons I decided to become a disciple of his!
Disciple of SoS
@DoSoS
DeleteI think SoS did an excellent job of pointing out those two Y levers hidden in that second DT drawing of the Kassal wheel, but I think his placement of the dot for the L1 pins on the two levers' main arms is not correct. Based on the ratios I am analyzing, I think he should have moved L1 a little closer to a lever's pivot. It looks like he got the location of that L1 pin he shows by using the top lever and just taking the midpoint of the distance between the pendulum bob's main support and the portion of that diagonal iron support rod immediately to the left of the axle. Once he got that, he then just dropped a short yellow vertical line down to the same location on the main arm of the bottom lever to locate the L1 pin on that arm.
I think he would have gotten more accurate placement of the L1 pins by just using the location where the pendulum bob's main support crosses the main arm of the top lever. After he got that, he could then just drop a yellow vertical line down to the main arm of the lower lever to locate the L1 pin on its main arm.
It's a minor error and easily corrected. Other than that, I don't see much error in the other ratios that can be made using the pivot to pin distances that are shown in his drawing. Imo, he has made a major discovery with this clue and, like others here, I find it incredible that he could have found it.
PART ONE
ReplyDeleteThe last time SoS visited us and then left, I noticed a sudden urge to look for more hidden clues in the Bessler drawings as did several others here. The theory was that SoS's presence somehow charged us up with some of his psychic power. It may sound like nonsense to some, but I checked it out and its called "psychic amplification" and seems to be real. Anyway, after he took off this time, I felt that same urge again!
Someone mentioned that there was only one full drum face shown in the first of the DT Kassal wheel drawings and two shown in the second drawing. He said that if Bessler was going to hide two of those Y shaped levers in one of the DT drawings, then he would probably put them into the second drawing since it showed the two drums and was the last drawing in Bessler's book. He proved to be right when SoS finally revealed his "Ultimate Bessler Clue" to everyone here.
But, then I thought that maybe Bessler also could have hid a SINGLE Y shaped lever in that first DT drawing of the Kassal wheel. No one bothered to look for it so I decided to give it a try motivated by my sudden apparently SoS stimulated desire to find more new Bessler wheel clues. But where to start?
In the clue SoS revealed to us, the two Y levers both had their pivots located near the vertical separator in the middle of the drawing. So, I started by looking at the similar divider in the middle of the first DT drawing of the Kassal wheel where its shown running the water screw device and the stamping machine. I noticed that there was a pivot located there on the right side of the separator. It was the pivot that supported the raised end of the water screw. Then I noticed that another pivot, which was the center of the drum's axle, was located directly horizontally away from that water screw pivot in the right side of the drawing. Fine. I made that axle center the cord attachment pin of the B arm of the Y shaped lever which is called the B2 pin. That means that the forked part of the hidden Y lever in the first DT drawing had to be located on the left side of that drawing.
Brad
CON'T
PART TWO
DeleteNext, I looked for where to put the L2 point of the main arm of the lever which is its longest arm. That is where Bessler attached weights to the end of the main arms of his Y levers. If you study the first DT drawing you will notice that there is only one weight that can be directly attached to the drum's axle. It's that bucket that is suspended from the axle and which could be filled with water when engineers were testing the maximum starting torque of the Kassal wheel. I then extended a line from my lever's pivot to the bottom of that bucket and that line became my lever's main arm. The L1 pin location on that main arm is located where it crosses near the upper left corner of that big tank of water that contains the water screw.
What about the A arm which is the shortest? I found that it lied along a line that I drew from my lever's pivot up to the upper rim of the side view of the drum shown on the left side of the first DT drawing. In the drawing I linked to below, you will see how you can extend three blue lines from the upper right corner of the left side drum's drawing that intersect the A arm at the exact locations where the arm's A1, A2, and A1 points are located.
Here's how to find this additional Y lever in the first DT drawing of the Kassal wheel:
https://i.postimg.cc/Hx9fSBGg/another-DT-lever-clue.jpg
Of course, it was much easier to find than the two connected levers that SoS found for us. I don't think I could have found them if I looked for them for a century! In fact, I probably would not have found my Y shaped lever in the first DT drawing of the Kassal wheel if I had not seen how SoS found his. Imo, it was just a bit of SoS inspired copycatting on my part. But, then again maybe it was some psychic amplification due to him?
Brad
END
Nice find, Brad! It looks like Bessler tried to confuse that Y shaped lever in the first DT drawing of the Kassal wheel by having its B arm point in the opposite direction to the ones in that second DT drawing. That sneaky Bessler! He had a hundred and one tricks up his sleeve to hide his wheel's secrets from us. Fortunately, we have some of the most talented clue hunters who ever lived slowly finding them all for us!
DeleteThe way the new clues are tumbling out here, I have no choice but to believe in that psychic amplifier effect. So far the special Y lever has been found in both of the DT Kassal wheel drawings. That is definitely a breakthrough in Bessler research. But, DT also contains a drawing of the Merseburg wheel. I would bet that somewhere in that drawing you can also find a Y lever hidden. I'm not the guy to find it though. Maybe one of you clue hunting geniuses can find it for us? I think that would then leave no doubt that Bessler actually used that shape lever in his wheels. What would the probability be for the same lever shape to appear in all of the DT wheel drawings by mere chance? VERY improbable, imo. All three DT wheel drawings containing the same Y shape lever would prove it 100% as far as I'm concerned.
@anon 02:32
DeleteWith Brad and DoSoS showing off their amazing clue finding skills in these comments I feel like i need to find something to prove I also have some clue finding abilities to offer here. Yeah, I know people liked that design I came up with for Bessler's pm powered glockenspiel, but it wasn't based on any actual clues he left hidden for us. I want to show my own new clue here before these blogs move on to other topics.
So, i accept your challenge to find a Y lever somewhere in the Merseburg drawing. But, I'm no "clue hunting genius". What clues I did find in the past I attribute to sheer luck. But maybe with some of that SoS psychic power I may have absorbed during his latest visit, I'll be able to find something that I can brag a bit about too? Wish me luck because I'll need it. A LOT of it! Maybe I should print out a large picture of that 4th pentacle of mercury and place near me as I start poking around in that Merseburg wheel drawing? I guess it's like chicken soup for a chest cold. It can't hurt and it might help!
Noob 625
I certainly wish you luck, Noob, but I think that you are only going to be wasting your time. There are no big Y levers in the Merseburg wheel drawing. The only Y's I can see are the three that are formed from the metal pendulum weight' supporting rods. But, there's nothing special about them and they don't begin to have the details to them that we saw in the Y levers that SoS and Brad managed to find. Others have noticed those Y's in the pendulum rods for years and nothing ever came from any of it. But, if by some miracle you did find another and much bigger Y lever with some details to it in the Merseburg wheel drawing, then I'd have to admit that was an important discovery. We would then have that special Y lever Bessler used in all of the wheel drawings in DT. To me, as for anon 02:32, that would prove that Bessler did in fact use those levers.
DeleteIt always amazes me how just because some person cannot see or understand something, he automatically ASSUMES that neither will anyone else. It's really very arrogant and sends out the subtle message that the person making that assumption and announcing it has some "higher" understanding of the particular matter. The reality is that no person who ever lived, even Einstein, ever had all of the answers about any subject. He spent about half his life trying to develop his "unified field theory" and made no real progress with it. He was even still working on it on his deathbed! I think his futile hunt for a single equation that would explain the relationship between electric, magnetic, and gravitic fields was very similar to what the Bessler pm wheel chasers here are doing. Years ago they latched onto a perplexing problem and then found themselves in a situation where they could not make it work, but neither could they just walk away from it. This sad situation lets one know how that Greek mythological character Sisyphus must have felt!
DeleteI vaguely remember that Greek myth of Sisyphus. He offended some god and after Sisyphus died, he was sent to the bad part of hell where immortal souls are eternally punished. His punishment was unique because of the frustration involved. He had to push and strain to roll a big bolder up to the top of hill where, if he managed to perfectly balance it, he would be able to move over to a better part of hell where one had hope of one day being reincarnated back to life on Earth again. It sounds like it would be easy thing to do, but every time he got the bolder up to the top of the hill, he could not get it to perfectly balance and it would immediately roll down the other side! Then, still convinced he could do it and wanting to escape his punishment, he would run down the hill and start rolling the bolder back to the top again.
DeleteIn a way the seriously addicted Bessler pm wheel chasers have the opposite problem. Rather than permanent balance, they seek permanent imbalance. That is they want the cog of the weights in their pm wheels to stay imbalanced onto one side of their wheel's center of rotation so that there will be constant torque and rotation of their wheels. Like the mythical Sisyphus, after each failure they come right back to trying to do it again with a slightly different approach. Unlike Sisyphus whose soul was immortal, however, the human pm seeker can only continue his efforts until he finally becomes too decrepit to continue or just drops down dead. I suspect, even though too decrepit to use tools anymore, the true addicted will, while in their nursing home wheel chairs, still be drawing potential designs to try and then trying to get others who are younger and fit to build anything to try to build it for them.
However, a very rich addict, while confined to his mansion, might be able to just have his latest pm wheel design sent off to a local machine shop that would then make a prototype for him in a week or two, test it, and then report back to him on how it worked or rather did not work. They might send him a close up video showing the wheel as it failed to self start. The rich guy would then study that video and use it to dream up some new approach. Being rich and maybe only having greedy heirs impatiently waiting for him to finally drop dead so they could scoop up his estate, he might not give a damn how much money he spent trying to finally get and see a genuine runner before the grim reaper paid him a final visit! It's so nice to be rich which is something I'll never experience unfortunately.
Your rich guy could have a trillion dollars to spend on his Bessler wheel research program and it still would not guarantee him any success. Success almost totally depends on luck. You either have enough of it or you don't. Meanwhile I'm gonna get me some of those talismans that SoS recommends. If they work for him maybe they will work for me.
DeleteLol! Something tells me Noob 625 made the mistake of biting off way more than he can chew. I predict that no one will ever find any "big Y levers" hidden in those Merseburg wheel drawings. There's just no room for them. But let him try. Some people need to learn their lessons in life the hard way. I'm now waiting to read his admission that it cannot be done. It should be coming through in another day or two.
DeleteGuys I wrote this in the comments on John's August 26, 2026, but no one replied to it:
Delete"If there is actually a full Y lever hidden in the Toys Page, then I'm not the one to find it. It's a job for the super clue hunters around here. Best of luck to any of them that give it a try."
You all seem to be finding those Y shaped levers in all of the DT drawings. Any opinions on whether Bessler also hid one in the Toys Page? If so, where could it be? Seeing your discoveries here, I tried to find one of those Y shaped levers in the Toys Page but could not no matter what I tried. Please help if you can!
@anon 07:40
DeleteI responded to you in the next blog and I'm doing it again here. It bothers me that others here have been finding all of those Y shaped levers in the DT Kassal wheel drawings while I've been sitting on the side lines like a bump on a log watching and finding nothing myself to contribute. So, I'll see if I can find that lever hidden in the Toys Page. I doubt that it's there, but maybe if it actually is and I soaked up enough of that psychic energy from SoS during his last visit here, then I'll be able to find it for you. Give me a few days to work on it.
Disciple of SoS
It's right next to the Blind Frog & it's a Bigger than the Secret of Skinwalker Ranch. Drill underground into the mesa & keep firing rockets into the air where the LIDAR shows.
DeleteI have some good news to report. I had some time tonight to study the Toys Page and managed to locate what SoS would refer to as three "first level clues" in it. They would not be in that drawing unless there was another important clue hidden in it somewhere. Is it the big Y lever design that everyone else is finding in DT? I do not know at this time, but their presence indicates there is definitely something important that Bessler hid in that drawing. I won't give up until I find it! However, I can give every one a little hint at this time. One of those first level clues is that egg shaped top at the bottom of the Toys Page. I think that it is a LOT more important than it appears to be!
DeleteDisciple of SoS
BiggYfoot took it
Deletepart one
ReplyDeleteAnon 02:07 wrote:
"I predict that no one will ever find any "big Y levers" hidden in those Merseburg wheel drawings."
100%...WRONG! You need to get the money back that you paid for that crystal ball you're using!
Next I have to thank SoS and Brad for motivating me to hunt around in the DT Merseburg wheel drawing for a big lever similar to theirs. Upon my initial study of the drawing all I saw was the three Y shapes made from the rods connected to the metal ball weights used as pendulum bobs. As anon 07:38 mentioned, there is nothing that special about them. If Bessler actually hid a big Y shaped lever with details to it in his drawing of the Merseburg wheel, like the locations of its pivot and the various rope attachment pin locations on its three arms, it would have to be much bigger than those slender pendulum rod Y shapes that were used to slow a wheel done when it ran continuously which then reduced the wear and tear on its parts so it could run longer before requiring routine servicing or even repair.
I eventually gave up looking on the left side of the Merseburg wheel drawing and started to concentrate on the right side. That is when I noticed something that caught my eye. If you run a horizontal line to the right across the top horizontal bar that supports the pendulum fulcrum's pivot, it will hit right into that box of rocks outside of the window. I then wondered if that horizontal line I drew could represent the Main arm of a large hidden Y lever since that arm was the one on each lever to which Bessler attached lead weights. It turned out that was exactly what it was!
Once I had that one arm located I realized that the pivot of a large Y lever could be located where the pendulum's fulcrum pivot was located on the right side of the drawing and I placed that pivot there. When I did that I could draw another line making an angle of 45 degrees with it that went from the lever's pivot up and to the left until it hit the end attached to the ceiling of the vertical wooden board that held one of the ends of the cross piece that, in turn, supported the wheel's pendulum's fulcrum pivot. That line then became my larger Y lever's A arm and its orientation required me to extend a line to the left of the pivot to form the lever's Main arm instead of extending it to the right toward the box of rocks outside of the window. With the Main and A arms defined, finding the remaining B arm was easy. To find it I just extended another red line down and to the right from the lever's pivot so that it made an angle of 157.5 degrees with the red line that represented the A arm of the hidden Y lever. I now that a nice big, three arm Y shaped lever in the Merseburg wheel drawing.
Noob 625
continued
part two
DeleteBut wait! I also managed to find a second lever and that one was a perfect mirror image of the first Y lever I found near the top of the drum on the right side of Bessler's Merseburg wheel drawing. You get that second Y lever by placing its pivot right at the center of the drum's axle. The Main arm for that second lever is then gotten by drawing a horizontal line from a lever pivot placed at the center of the axle out to the left until it reaches the 9 o'clock position of the drum. If you then extend a red line from the lower second lever's pivot up and to the right until it hits the side of the box of rocks outside of the window, you have the second hidden lever's B arm. That second Y lever's A arm is simply gotten by drawing a line from the lever's pivot at the axle's center down and to the left until it hits the bottom part of the vertical wooden board attached to the floor that holds the cross piece at the top that, in turn, supports the wheel's pendulum fulcrum pivot.
So there is was. I had found two perfectly parallel Y shaped levers in the Merseburg wheel drawing in DT and they would also be present in the drawing of that wheel that appears in GB. Here's the paint sketch I made which shows the locations of the two larger and detailed Y levers that Bessler hid in the Merseburg wheel drawing:
https://i.postimg.cc/j273csvY/hidden-mersburg-levers.jpg
I won't give all of the details on how to locate the various rope attachment pin locations on the three arms of each of the two levers. If the reader studies the sketch I made carefully, he will see how I placed those seven pin locations which I indicated with small black squares in my drawing. They are all found by extending those thin black lines from certain spots until then hit one of the red lines that I used to indicate the center lines of the three arms of each Y lever.
I then outlined each of the two levers I found using yellow lines to make them look more like the actual physical levers might have looked which is an idea I got by seeing how SoS outlined the levers he found in that second DT drawing of the Kassal wheel only he used white lines instead of yellow lines. Notice that the three red line arms of each lever only use a part of the full lengths of the red lines which are the parts containing the black squares that represent the rope attachment pin locations on each arm.
Unlike SoS's two Y shaped levers in the second DT drawing of the Kassal wheel, mine having Main arms that are perfectly parallel to each and cannot form the letters W or M. But, as I looked at them, they reminded me of a large arrowhead that was pointing toward the right of the drawing. Since the Merseburg wheel's drawing appears before the two Kassal wheel drawings in DT, maybe this was Bessler's way of telling us to look to the right or to later drawings in DT to find even more Y shaped levers?
Also, I noticed that the Main arm and extended A arm red lines in the hidden lower Y shaped lever I found look like a giant number 7! Bessler just loved that number and there it was again. I think he made sure it would be there to tell anyone analyzing his DT drawing that they are very lucky because they are getting closer to finding all of the details of his special Y shaped levers that were necessary to make his pm wheels work. Well, it certainly was lucky for me.
Noob 625
conclusion
Damn, Noob! I almost can't believe what I'm seeing in your comment. You managed to find TWO of those special Y shaped levers Bessler used in the Merseburg wheel drawing! If you keep this up, you could become the next SoS on this blog!
DeleteIt's absolutely incredible that those two levers could have been hidden in that wheel's drawing for three centuries and no one ever found them before. Now after all of that time we finally can see them. I've checked your attachment pin distances from the two levers' pivots and their ratios with each other look spot on to me. Not perfect because of the small errors that happen when trying to measure the distances between pairs of points on a computer screen, but close enough to show me that you have something real that you've found. In fact, I found your accuracy even better than what I found in SoS's and Brad's Y lever drawings.
You've just closed the gap with your latest clue drawing and now we have evidence that particular lever shape was hidden in all of Bessler's pm wheel drawings. There is only one possible conclusion one can draw from your discovery which is that that particular shape is THE shape that Bessler's levers had.
Thanks for making us aware of this amazing clue. I will never again see the Merseburg wheel drawing like I used to. I'm like a blind man who suddenly regained his sight!
Some nice new clue drawings this blog to add to my growing clue zoo! Thanks, guys. The ones from these comments are some very rare specimens indeed and all beautifully done.
Deleteso where are the two Y levers in the mt toys page?
DeleteNot to detract from the excellent detective work done by SoS, Brad, and Noob 625 in this blog, but I think we have to keep in mind that all of those Y shaped levers they found are actually confirmations of the lever design that Ken B found about eight years ago IIRC. I was his original research into the various numerological clues Bessler hid in his drawings, particularly his two DT portraits, that led to a precise set of pivot to attachment pin distances for these levers. I'm sure he would be well pleased to see his past research being confirmed by the research of others years later. But, then again, that is how science works. One researcher finds something and then other build on it.
DeleteThere are some truly amazing new clues showing up in this blog and, again coincidentally, they all have appeared right after SoS pays us a visit! I do believe that he is somehow stimulating the clue finding abilities in others here. How that happens I have no idea. Maybe they want to copy him or impress him or that psychic amplifier effect he is supposed to create is real? Whatever the reason, I hope he never stops coming to this blog!
DeleteI think many newbies here may be confused by all of the "rope attachment pins" being mentioned by these clue hunters. Bessler's special Y shaped pm weight holding levers did not work in isolation from each other. They had to be precisely linked to each other by ropes (or for his smallest 3 foot diameter Gera prototype wheel, by lighter weight cords) that each put a strict limit on how far apart the two pins that a rope connected together could separate from each other as the drum rotated and its Y shaped levers began rotating about their respective pivots which were fixed to the drum. Back in the May 8th blog's comments someone made a nice drawing for us showing the various types of cords and the maximum separation distances they permitted in Bessler's Gera prototype wheel. That anonymous person said he took the prototype wheel's image from an old youtube video that Ken B uploaded years ago and then, using the values given in Ken's Bessler wheel book, added them to the image he grabbed from the video. Here is that image that person made for us:
Deletehttps://postimg.cc/w7qfHS6w
Here's a list I made of the attachment pins on a Y shaped lever's three arms that were interconnected by each of the "connectedness principle" ropes inside of one of Bessler's pm wheel drums:
1.) a main rope connects an A4 pin to an L1 pin
2.) a long lifter rope connects an A3 pin to a B1 pin
3.) a stop rope connects an A2 pin to a fixed drum pin
4.) a spring rope connects an A1 pin to a spring whose other end connects to a fixed drum pin
(note that the weights were always attached to L2 at the end of a lever's main lever)
So there are really only four types of cords or ropes used. However, for the wheel's overbalance to be maintained during its rotation, it is critical that the precise maximum separation distances between the various pins be maintained (it is also critical that the pins are placed on a lever's three arms at precise distances from the lever's pivot that attaches it to the drum). Obviously, anyone attempting to replicate one of Bessler's pm wheels will have to pay much attention to the accuracy of the parts he is making for it.
it's not SCIENCE LOL
Delete@anon 18:45
DeleteJust to add to your comment, that lever construction accuracy is not something that is easily achieved. Ken B describes a simple calibration method in his book for making the cords for a Gera prototype wheel replica.
You have to use a wooden board with 1/16th inch nails driven partially into it at various distances from each other that exactly correspond to the distance limits of the different coordinating cords used in the Gera prototype wheel's levers. The heads of those nails are then cut off and filed a bit to remove any rough edges from them. You have to buy or handcraft tiny steel clip on type hooks and slide two of them onto two of the nails whose separation distance corresponds to the distance between the paired attachment pins for a particular cord type. Finally, you tie one end of a piece of strong cord to one of the hooks and place the other end through the other metal hook. Once that is done, the cord has to be stretched as tight as possible without damaging the little hooks (that is to prevent future accuracy destroying stretching when the cords are actually attached to the levers' pins and have forces applied to them as they shift the levers around during wheel rotation).
At a minimum, you have to make 8 main cords, 8 long lifter cords, 8 stop cords, and 16 spring cords because there are two springs attached as a parallel pair to each lever's A1 pin. That's a total of 40 cords for one wheel. He also recommends making extra cords like maybe another two complete sets of cords which would then boost the total cords that need to be made to 120 cords. Those extra spare 80 cords are for making repairs in case one of the cords breaks because the wheel was allowed to run too long.
It's not hard to believe that Bessler would have kept a supply of extra cords and springs handy just in case he had to make a quick emergency repair to get one of his wheels running again. He did that in case a potential buyer was present and watching when a wheel suddenly and unexpectedly stopped and it would show the buyer how easily a wheel could be repaired and put back into use again.
So I was wrong about that Noob 625 never being able to find any of those big Y levers in the Merseburg wheel drawing. No big deal. I don't need a crystal ball because I just trust my gut on things like this. I'm doubling down now and saying that other guy here, DoSoS, who thinks he's some sort of clue finding "genius" because he's a self proclaimed "disciple" of SoS, will NEVER find any big Y levers anywhere in the toys page. I'd bet my life on that! Watch and see how right I will be! Get ready for your biggest embarrassment ever on this blog, DoSoS! That should teach you to be a lot more careful before accepting stupid impossible challenges in the future! 😁
DeleteI think that the weakest link in Bessler's wheels was those coordinating ropes that they used. He probably used a thin and very flexible rope which was only good for, at most, a few months of constant wheel run time before it frayed and broke. Another alternative would have been something like catgut (made from sheep intestines and not cats!) or even thin strips of leather than had been prestretched before being used for making coordinating cords. But, while these would have been better than a twinned rope, they would also eventually fail from constant wheel use. If we ever manage to make working duplicates of Bessler's pm wheels, then maybe more modern materials like woven nylon would hold up better?
DeleteReally interesting clues coming out in this blog. I've never seen anything like them anywhere else before!
DeleteI doubt that Bessler would have hid all of those odd shaped levers in his drawings unless he was very sure that he had the only genuine pm wheel ever invented and also that those levers were the only way to make it work. That means that if some other inventor showed up years later and was able to demonstrate and even reveal a genuine working pm wheel, then Bessler was sure it would have to be the same as the one he first invented. But, if Bessler had no working wheel at that future time for some reason, he need to use those critically necessary levers he hid in all of his earlier published wheel drawings to prove his priority to the invention. I think it was his paranoid fear of losing all credit for having previously invented the only possible mechanical design that can show pm that made Bessler plant all those levers in his drawings as a kind of insurance policy. Without them in place and well hidden, he probably wouldn't have been able to get a good night's sleep!
@anon 04:52
DeleteThe more I think about your theory, the more it makes sense to me.
If a rival inventor surfaced and showed off his working pm wheel that needed those special Y shaped levers to work and Bessler had no working pm wheel of his own at that time and could only produce a single drawing that he had previously published that looked like some of the points in it could be connected together in such a way to produce a pattern that looked somewhat like the pattern of attachment pins on the three arms of the rival inventor's Y shaped lever, then people could say that Bessler just searched around in his drawings until by chance he happened to find one with some points in it that had a pattern similar to that of the rope attachment pin locations in the Y shaped levers inside of the rival's pm wheel. That kind of "proof" wouldn't really convince anyone that Bessler actually had priority to the special pm lever design. He would come off looking like some nut case that was so desperate to try to steal someone else's credit and fame away from him that he'd do anything.
But, if Bessler could point out that special Y lever shape in ALL of his wheel drawings and the pattern of rope attachment pin locations in all of them were the same and exactly matched those of the Y shaped levers in the rival inventor's pm wheel, then that would be an entirely different matter. Such overwhelming evidence of prior discovery existing by random chance would be considered impossible and Bessler would then be considered the original inventor of the special Y shaped levers and the wheel that contained and used them to achieve pm. This explains, imo, why you guys are managing to find that Y shaped lever in all of the Bessler wheel drawings...the theory makes sense.
The problem would arise if that rival inventor managed to sell his invention. Who should collect the money for it and how much? The rival inventor would claim that he discovered his pm wheel design independently of Bessler, built his pm wheel himself, and was also lucky enough to find a buyer for it without any assistance from Bessler. Maybe the rival inventor only charged a businessman 20,000 thalers to sell the invention to him instead of the 100,000 that Bessler demanded for his invention. That would seem to suggest that the rival should get all of the money even though, technically, Bessler found the working pm design first.
I think in such an improbable situation like that, the rival inventor should get all of the money for the sale of his pm wheel, but Bessler should get the historical credit for being the first to find the design. Too bad, however, that Bessler would not be able to cash in his fame so he could fund the building of that religious craft school he wanted or fund the promotion of his "Orffyrean Church" that he hoped would end the strife between different religions and lead to more peaceful world for everyone. 😇🙏
Part 1 of 2 parts
ReplyDeleteI'm most pleased to be able to return and say that I finally managed to find that new clue that Bessler so deeply hid in the Toys Page. As I said previously, there are three first level clues that tell us something really important is hidden deeply in the drawing and also in this case give us its location. The most important of those first level clues is that egg shaped top at the bottom of the drawing which seems oddly out of place. I discovered that there is a reason for its location down there.
That top actually represents a weight carrying arm in one of Bessler's 3 arm Y shaped levers! The point the top spins on is the lever's pivot and the weight inside of the outer egg shaped case represents the lead weight at the end of a lever arm, the "Main arm", in one of the Y shaped levers that Bessler used inside of his wheels. But how does that tell us where the pivot of a larger Y shaped lever is hidden in the Toys Page?
Before I forget, here's the sketch I made that shows how Bessler hid one of his three arm Y shaped levers in the Toys Page which you can view as I continue my explanation of how I found its arms below:
https://i.postimg.cc/KzBFLpfh/hidden-toy-page-Y-lever.jpg
If you run a vertical line straight up from the pivot point of the egg shaped top (I indicated it in my sketch by a thin black line) you will find that it goes straight up to that anvil that the two little hammermen in the upper toy are hitting with their hammers. I then replaced that thin black line with another thicker yellow line and continued extending it upward until it reached the top of the Toys Page drawing. That yellow line will contain the lever's Main arm. The pivot of the larger Y shaped lever is then located at that knob on the bottom of the anvil the hammermen are hitting away at and indicated by a larger white dot. From that point along the yellow line to the bottom edge of the black unfinished number box at the top of the drawing is the distance from the pivot to the L1 cord or rope attachment point on the Main arm of one of Bessler's Y shaped levers. For the 3 foot Gera prototype wheel, that distance was 2.6 inches. For the Merseburg and Kassal wheels the distance was 10.4 inches (which you get by multiplying the values for the Gera prototype wheel's levers by a factor of 4). At the top edge of the black box where the yellow line crosses is located the L2 point were a weight was attached to the Main arm. Its distance from the pivot of a lever in the 3 foot Gera prototype wheel was 3.5 inches and for the Merseburg and Kassal wheels was 14 inches (since 3.5 inches x 4 = 14 inches).
Disciple of SoS
Continued in part 2
Part 2
DeleteOnce the Main arm is defined, finding the A arm is very easy. Notice that the top two hammermen are leaning to the right side of the drawing? The A arm is drawn there and you get it by extending a straight line from the lever's pivot at the bottom knob of the anvil up and to the right until it reaches that point just below the letter A near the Jacob's Ladder. It's interesting that Ken B named this arm the A arm and that letter also appears near it in the Toys Page, but I think that was just a coincidence. The A1 to A4 cord or rope attachment points are gotten by extending short horizontal lines from four points in the drawing until then reach the line representing the A arm.
Finally, notice that the two little spring like figures with the axes below the big lever's pivot are both leaning to the left? That's a clue that the final arm of the lever, the B arm will be drawn down and to the left in the Toys Page drawing. You get the B arm by drawing a straight line from the Y lever's pivot located at the knob on the bottom of the top hammermen's anvil through to the bottom left side of the bottom axmen's pantograph mechanism that forms an X shape. The B1 cord or rope attachment point is where the B arm line crosses the top left part of the wood log that the two little axmen are chopping away on.
I followed the style used by SoS, Brad, and Noob 625 and outlined the large Y lever clue I found with blue lines.
So, with this hidden Y shaped lever and those found by SoS, Brad, and Noob 625 we now have that exact same lever showing up in all of the Bessler wheel drawings and now even in the Toys Page that Bessler left behind in MT after he removed and destroyed his additional and most revealing pm wheel drawings that he originally made for MT. Can anyone still doubt that Bessler did in fact use this particular design for his pm wheel levers? I know I cannot doubt it anymore. To me Bessler's use of this unique Y shaped lever seems like it is now a confirmed fact.
Disciple of SoS
End of part 2
Wow! Another incredible find, DoSoS! This blog's comments are turning into one for the record books with all of the amazing new clues showing up. Now we have that weird Y shaped lever in all of Bessler's wheel drawings INCLUDING in the Toy Page substitute he left in MT after he destroyed the original drawings in it that revealed his pm wheels' secret mechanics in detail. Someone above said that he thought that there were five pages that Bessler removed and destroyed. My psychic powers (don't laugh...SoS has assured us that everyone has them!) are telling me that two of those removed MT pages showed the details of his one way wheels, two showed the details of his two way wheels, and the fifth one showed the details of his critically necessary Y shaped lever that made all of them work. Now, finally, we too can all finally know the details of that miraculous lever he used!
DeleteAnon 02:39 above was boasting that his trusty "gut" told him that you'd never find that lever in the Toy Page after which he insulted you and your planned search for the lever. Lol...it looks like there's something wrong with his gut. Maybe he should add more fiber to his diet? Trolls...they are so pitifully clueless and not just when it comes to Bessler's wheels. ☹️
Congratulations DoSoS on your Toys Page discovery. The nicest thing I can say about it is that I wish I had found it! I hate to confess it though but I also did not think you'd be able to find anything in that drawing. I guess that's why you are a full fledged disciple of SoS and I'm still an SoS disciple wannabee. Anyway, that "lower level clue" about the side of the drawing toward which the upper and lower toggle toy men are leaning makes sense the way you interpreted it as telling us to which side of the lever's pivot that the A and B arms have to be drawn. I haven't analyzed any of the attachment pin to pivot distance ratios for the lever you found, but they look accurate to me. It also looks like your and my discoveries have something in common. They both only involve a single lever that Bessler hid in his drawings while SoS and Noob 625 were able to find two levers hidden in the drawings that they analyzed.
DeleteBrad
@DoSoS
DeleteI also think it's an important discovery. It's nice to see something new finally come out of that Toy Page. The last time that happened was years ago when SoS pointed out to us that you could just make out a head being chopped off by the axe of the right spring-like man in the bottom toy with the log he was hitting with his axe serving as a chopping block! Like others here, I had my doubts that you could find a lever in that drawing, but you surprised us all. Good job! 👍
Noob 625
Thanks for the positive feedback.
DeleteActually finding that Y lever in the Toys Page was easier than I thought it would be. The key to it was recognizing that the top toy at the bottom was actually a symbol for the lever's Main arm and that its pointed tip that it spun and balanced on was a symbol for an actual Y lever's pivot. Next, I hunted around for the spot in the drawing that represented the pivot of the lever. When I located it at the bottom of the top toy's anvil and drew a vertical line upwards to represent the lever's Main arm I immediately realized that the top and bottom horizontal sides of that unfinished MT drawing number box at the top of the Toys Page drawing that crossed through my vertical line were at the right distances from a Y lever's pivot to represent the L1 and L2 locations on that lever's Main arm.
Because the top hammermen were both leaning to the right of the drawing, I looked there and noticed the letter A near the side view of the Jacob's Ladder toy. If I drew a line from the my lever's pivot to the spot below the letter A it made an exact angle of 45 degrees with the vertical line I drew that represented my lever's Main arm. Could that second line I drew be the lever's A arm? It was! Once I had that I immediately knew where to draw in the lever's B arm. It was done below the level of the lever's pivot and, because the two axmen were both leaning to the left of the drawing, I drew the line for the B arm down there. I then had all of the three arms of one of Bessler's Y shaped levers.
Now I have another BIG SURPRISE for everyone!
Being a bit envious of those who were finding TWO levers in their Bessler wheel drawings, I wondered if he might have somehow put two of the Y levers into his Toys Page. At first it looked impossible to do, but then I realized how it could be done. Here's my sketch showing how to find that second Y lever in the Toys Page:
https://i.postimg.cc/g0myjNVB/extra-inverted-toy-page-lever.jpg
You don't get it by putting the second lever's pivot at different location in the drawing. You get it by using the SAME pivot that you used for the first Y shaped lever! But, the second lever is then formed by rotating the first lever about its pivot by exactly 180 degrees.
I'm not quite as confident about this second inverted Y lever in the drawing as I am about the first one I found because some of its rope attachment pins, like L1 and B1, have to be located by their nearness to letters in the drawing rather than by lines cutting across the center lines of the three arms. But, I'm showing the second lever here anyway for those who might want to do an analysis of it various pin to pivot distance ratios to see if they match the ratio values that can be gotten from the original Ken B Y lever. However, the angles of 157.5, 157.5, and 45 degrees between the second lever's three arms do look accurate to me.
Disciple of SoS
That IS a "big surprise", DoSoS! Now you've got that very important "double verification" of the same clue shown twice in the same drawing but in different forms. Hmm...everyone here so far has found two of those Y shaped levers in the drawing that he analyzed except for one guy...Brad! Only one lever found by him in that first DT drawing of the Kassal wheel so far. That means he does not have the double verification and his find may be dismissed because it does not have Bessler's stamp of approval on it. Something tells me he's not going to like being the "low man of the totem pole" around here because of that. I'm curious to see if he can find another lever in his drawing. If it's possible, then I don't think it will be easy to find. But, if what he's found so far is real, that second lever has got to be there somewhere. Good luck finding it, Brad.
DeleteThanks, anon 03:54.
DeleteYes, I'm well aware that I was only able to find one of those special Y levers in that first DT drawing of the Kassal wheel and I definitely do not like being the "low man on the totem pole"! So, I'll shortly be going back and taking another look at my DT drawing like DoSoS did with the Toys Page he was analyzing. I do agree with you that without that double confirmation, one cannot be sure if he's got a genuine Bessler clue or if his imagination is just working overtime. Bessler pm wheel chasers tend to have very active imaginations!
Brad
PS. Nice to see this blog finally working right again. I haven't been able to post anything here for the last two days!
A bit of good news to report. I found something in that first DT drawing of the Kassal wheel that convinces me there is a second Y shaped lever hidden in it. I'm still working on the locations of the various rope attachment pin locations for that second lever and if I have the time I'll try to get a drawing revealing it done and linked to in the next day or so. Got to get off the bottom of that totem pole and closer to the top!
DeleteBrad
I FOUND IT!
ReplyDeleteIt took a while but I finally found out how Bessler hid that second Y lever in his first DT drawing of the Kassal wheel. He just used the same technique he used in the Toys Page or maybe it's more accurate to say that the later drawn Toys Page's two Y levers were hidden using the same technique that he first used in the first DT drawing of the Kassal wheel. With that technique you do not place the second lever's pivot in a different location. You just rotate the first lever around its pivot through 180 degrees and that will give you the same pattern of rope attachment pin locations in the second lever. Here's my drawing showing how to find that second rotated Y shaped lever in the first drawing of the Kassal wheel in DT:
https://i.postimg.cc/C5qpsLTv/Second-lever-in-1st-Kassal-wheel-DT-drawing.jpg
So, now I have also found TWO of the special Y shaped levers in the first DT drawing of the Kassal wheel. I've also checked most of the pin to pivot distance ratios for the three arms in the second lever drawing I found and they are virtually identical to those found for the three arms in the first lever I found in that drawing.
We can now see the pattern Bessler used from one of his publications to the next to hide two levers in each of his several drawings. For GB's and DT's Merseburg wheel drawings, two SEPARATED pivot levers were hidden. For DT's Kassal wheel drawings he hid two ROTATED around the SAME pivot levers in the FIRST drawing and then hid two SEPARATED pivot levers in the SECOND drawing. For the Toys Page, two ROTATED around the SAME pivot levers were hidden in that page's drawing.
But what about the AP "wheel"? It is a special case. The giant letter Y inside of the wheel represents a Y shaped lever and the circle at its center is its pivot. But, that lever's three arms cannot each be rotated through 180 degrees. They can, however, be rotated around their central pivot three times through 120 degrees each time. Why didn't Bessler just provide another drawing of the Merseburg wheel in AP? Maybe he thought that he'd already showed too much of it in GB? We'll probably never know for sure. It would have been nice, however, if he'd provided a drawing of the Draschwitz wheel in AP. We have no drawings of it for some reason. Maybe the pattern of the wooden slats on its sides would have given away too many clues about the arrangement of the Y shaped levers it contained?
It's nice to finally get off the bottom of that totem pole and closer to the top. However, so far, only SoS is at the very top! I doubt if I'll ever join him up there though.
Brad
Excellent analysis, Brad.
DeleteBessler is so full of surprises that it's a wonder that we can make any progress in locating and interpreting his many hidden clues. But, you did it and now we know that he hid two of his Y shaped levers in each of his wheel drawings except, as you noted, in the AP wheel.
Welcome to near the top of the totem pole of clue finders on this blog! 👍
Noob 625
The number of new clues that came out in this blog is truly exceptional. I do not doubt that it was the appearance of SoS that triggered it all due to that psychic amplification effect that was mentioned. How that could work I have no idea. We still know so little about the paranormal. It is another science still in its infancy. I also no longer doubt that Bessler used those odd Y shaped levers in his wheels and that is the reason he carefully hid two complete levers in each of his wheel drawings and that they are all identical to each other. I can think of no other reason. We also know, because of the lucky ratio clue, how far from the center of a wheel's axle that the pivots for a lever were located. Just knowing those details probably gives us about two thirds of the secret of Bessler's pm wheel design.
Delete@Brad
DeleteYour find, imo, proves that Bessler's quick use of a rotated lever to hide a second lever in one of his wheel drawings definitely predates how he used it with his Toys Page which has always fascinated me. He must have spent days, maybe weeks or even months working on each drawing to get two levers into it which would have the identical pattern of rope attachment pins on each of their three arms. He was obviously totally obsessed not only with pm, but also with hiding his secret while at the same time providing precise information on the design of his special levers. I don't know of anyone in history other than him that went to such extremes with his work.
Now that your higher up on the "totem pole", hang on tight, Brad. The air up here is a bit thinner and can make one dizzy and prone to falling off if he's not cautious. Also, keep studying all of the Bessler drawings and looking for even more clues in them. Personally, I doubt if we've found all of them yet. Just consider that it's taken the world three centuries to find what we've revealed in this single blog's comments! But, then again, probably not many were even aware that there were so many clues hidden in Bessler's wheel drawings. Now we are!
Disciple of SoS
To all with a serious interest in Bessler's perpetual motion wheels,
ReplyDeleteI've gone over this August 21st, 2026 blog's comments several times and I think it is highly unusual for the large number of new clues that were revealed. It's a lot of material to keep track of, so I've decided to make an "executive summary" of it which will give those in a hurry links to all of the newest Y shaped lever clue drawings that were provided to us. So here is the "meat" of this comment section without the "gravy"...but you'll get more "nutrition" out of the comments on this blog if you take your time and consume all of the "stew"!
1.) SoS's new clue showing the two hidden Y levers in the second DT drawing of the Kassal wheel (but an anon on 28 August 2026 at 02:31 suggested that SoS should have located the L1 pin where the pendulum bob's main support crosses the Main arm of the top lever to make that pin's location more accurate):
https://i.postimg.cc/4N7wKBPR/bessler-s-ultimate-clue.jpg
2.) Brad's new clue showing the single hidden Y lever in the first DT drawing of the Kassal wheel:
https://i.postimg.cc/Hx9fSBGg/another-DT-lever-clue.jpg
Brad later came back and found another hidden Y lever in that first DT drawing of the Kassal wheel:
https://i.postimg.cc/C5qpsLTv/Second-lever-in-1st-Kassal-wheel-DT-drawing.jpg
3.) Noob 625's new clue showing the two hidden Y levers in the Merseburg wheel drawings:
https://i.postimg.cc/j273csvY/hidden-mersburg-levers.jpg
4.) DoSoS's new clue showing the single Y lever hidden in the Toys page:
https://i.postimg.cc/KzBFLpfh/hidden-toy-page-Y-lever.jpg
DoSoS later also came back and found a second Y lever hidden in the Toys page:
https://i.postimg.cc/g0myjNVB/extra-inverted-toy-page-lever.jpg
5.) An anonymous drawing made of one of the Y shaped levers in Bessler's 3 foot diameter Gera prototype wheel based on values that Ken B's past research found. It's values are considered to be exact:
https://postimg.cc/yJYcv9rx
6.) Another anonymous drawing made showing the arrangement of the Y shaped levers and connection cords inside of Bessler's Gera prototype wheel. It also includes other part values:
https://postimg.cc/w7qfHS6w
That's it. Maybe when they are all considered together, they can be considered to be "Bessler's Ultimate Clue"?
Btw. I strongly suggest serious Bessler students download and save the images that I copied the links to above in case postimages.org disappears without warning. I've noticed their downloads have become very sluggish of late. Not a good sign, imo.
Nice concise summary, anon 03:02. The only thing I would add to it is this part from anon 18:45's above comment where he lists how the four different types of ropes used for Bessler's "Connectedness Principle" were attached between particular cord or rope attachment pins on two levers' arms to connect the two levers together or to connect a single lever to a fixed point inside of the wheel's the drum:
Delete1.) a main rope connects an A4 pin to an L1 pin
2.) a long lifter rope connects an A3 pin to a B1 pin
3.) a stop rope connects an A2 pin to a fixed drum pin
4.) a spring rope connects an A1 pin to a spring whose other end connects to a fixed drum pin
(note that the weights were always attached to L2 at the end of a lever's main arm)
I might also add that the pin to pin "cord distance" values shown in anon 03:02's linked drawing of the 3 ft diameter Gera prototype wheel are a bit of a misleading. I would have called them the "maximum allowed separation distance between the centers of two connected pins". That's because each cord had a small metal hook of some sort tied to each of its two ends that connected the cord to a lever's or the drum's metal pin. The cords were securely tied to the metal hooks so that the actual length of a cord or rope would be slightly less than the values shown in anon 03:02's linked drawing. Because the cog of the weights in Bessler's wheels was only displaced a short distance (less than an inch even for his 12 ft diameter wheels!) from a vertical line passing through the exact center of a wheel's axle, Bessler had to use as much accuracy as possible when connecting a wheel's levers together if the cog of the weights was to remain on the descending side of the axle as the wheel rotated.
Hello,
ReplyDeleteLike most of you, I have found the solution to Bessler's wheel secret , but that is a story for another time.
I am chiming in because I see that you are focusing on the letter "Y" and, starting from that letter, discovering that it appears almost everywhere.
Just imagine if you had started with the letter "B," "C," or another one; I am virtually certain you would find those letters in all the DT drawings as well.
My goal is not to disparage your research, but rather to broaden your perspective.
Tell me: do you find the other letters in the DT drawings?
THE SOLUTION can explain the toy page , MT137 , . . .all the clue without a doubt !
The way for the soluce is " discerning"
Good luck at all !
That Y shaped lever seems to be unique to Bessler's drawings and it cannot be a coincidence that it appears twice in each of his drawing. Years ago, SoS did a lot of analysis of Bessler's MT and also found that particular shape in may of its drawings. He also found a lot of cases where the number 25 occurred in the MT drawings. The 25th letter of the alphabet just happens to be the letter Y! The evidence that Bessler used levers with that shape now seems to be overwhelming. Of course, expect those committed to different designs to try to minimize the importance of this discovery of the exact shape of the levers that Bessler used in his pm wheels. They must do that because the longer someone follows a different approach, the more difficult it becomes for him to change paths. No one wants to admit they were on the wrong path for many years and will do everything he can to avoid admitting that. It's human nature. But, in the end, it is only the laws of physics and mechanics and experimental results that will decide which path is the correct one...not anyone's opinion or feeling about the matter.
DeleteThanks for the reply.
DeleteThe right solution will be the one where a wheel actually turns. Mine isn't turning yet (unfortunately), but all the elements are there to make it happen.
The "Y" clues and the 5-spoke wheels are the wrong path (for me, obviously), but we must respect all the researchers in the field and remain courteous.
Everyone contributes to the collective effort; even mistakes are useful ;-)
Thanks to all those contributors (John in particular) for all the research and effort they’ve put in.
Good luck with your research.