Wednesday 10 February 2010

A film about Bessler and my life researching him

Since my lung operation in november 2008, I hadn't caught even a sniffle, and that's as well because they warned me never to catch anything ever again! Unfortunately, having managed to stay clear of infection for over a year, since I caught a bad cold on or about Boxing day just gone (2009), I have been having one cold after another and I can't seem to shift it. My wife thinks it's because I spend too much time in my cold old workshop, but actually I wish I could be there for longer, so I can finish the wheel. Now we are back to the arctic conditions and there is no way I can spend any time there even with my faithfull old patio heater. And that's another story. The problem with the heater is that it roasts the top of my head and allows my nether regions to develop icicles - nasty!

Anyway I received an email from a couple of guys who are into film production and they have decided that they want to do a documentary on Bessler and my search for the truth about him. They came here about eighteen months ago and interviewed me on film for about half a day, but since I hadn't heard much from them I thought the project had died. Now however they have time and the project has been revived and they have asked me to write a film script for the documentary.

I've never done one before but I am using the texts of such programs as 'Horizon' and 'Cutting Edge'and similar documentaries as a guide so that I have some idea of how to proceed. I guess that there will be considerable editing to do before it gets the go-ahead. We want to include animations and also visit some of the places where certain events in Bessler's life occurred. Because it is also about my search it will have to be slanted to my perspective which I like - and I may get to do the voice over. Of course it might never get off the ground - unless I produce a working version! Lets hope this cold weather warms up real quick.

JC

2 comments:

  1. John, restoring your immune system and protecting your lungs is important here. Generous supplementation of vitamines will help restoring a robust health. 2 daily fishoil caps provides essential lipids and vitamin A en D. This should be preferably cod liver oil, this is excellent for your lungs and very protective. Also invest in potent vitamin C tablets, preferably Ester-C or time-released tablets. Start with 3000 IE per day with meals, build up to 6000 IE per day until your health has been restored. Then slowly go back to a maintenance dose of approx. 2000 IE per day. Also get a good, potent multivitamin. Steer well clear of simple sugars and starches. All this combined with healthy (read: old-fashioned) nutrition will help to maintain robust health. Keep in mind that this works synergistic; try to get all this stuff. There is no overdose.

    And, no doubt, a large heater would be good and comfortable too :)

    Congratulations with the documentary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% agree with Andre. Absolutely take care of your self. There is very much no point in suffering for your convictions.

    And the documentary is brilliant. I am surprised it wasn't done a long time ago! You are the ideal candidate for this job, since you know about all there is to know about the geezer. What you don't know can be written on a postage stamp, but even that's too big.

    I therefore wish you all the luck in the world with it and can't wait to sit in front of the box watching it.

    JohnnyD

    ReplyDelete

The Legend of Bessler’s (Orffyreus’s) Wheel - The Facts

  The Legend of Bessler’s Wheel or the Orffyreus Wheel and the verifiable facts. Some fifty years ago, after I had established (to my satisf...