Friday 24 May 2019

Update on My Progress Towards 6th June 2019

I’m continuing to work on finishing my version of Bessler’s wheel.  There is the occasional hiccup such as finding that I didn’t make the MDF disc big enough to contain the mechanisms!  It does not matter because even if they overlap the edge of the back plate, as long as they have enough of the backplate to provide somewhere to attach the various bits, it will be ok.  I must raise the two support pillars to increase the height of the axle above the base so that any parts which do stick out beyond the edge of the backplate don’t strike the base.

There are some angles and lengths of the various levers which are more difficult to assess correctly. It’s hard to explain in words but when you come to make your own version you will understand why I say this.  Bessler said that he had  (paraphrasing) got things to a state where an ounce or two out, did not affect the working of his wheel.  I hope I know what he meant! Apart from these very minor problems, the construction continues and I anticipate a successful proof of principle wheel.

My plan includes publishing my book on the deciphering of the coded information.  The book contains over 30 diagrams and more thant 50 pages of text. It is not finished yet so I am also working on that and hoping to finish it by the same date.  I suppose you could call it a booklet, or as Bessler called his Apologia Poetica, 'this little book'.  I intend to video the finished wheel and hope, of course that it works.  In any case I will post the video even if it doesn’t work, so I can demonstrate how it’s supposed to work!

I’m also taking time to visit my granddaughter Amy who is currently in a special clinic in Sheffield where she is combating the awful disease, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome which is supposed to be incurable. She also has something called Functional Neurological Disorder, which means that she has now lost the ability to hold her head up, sit up or walk. There is only one way to make progress and it involves intense exercise, removal of all analgesics and the acceptance of  pain which is worse than childbirth or amputation of a limb without anaesthetics.  But Amy is a spirited girl and it is my hope that we can raise enough money to allow her to continue at the clinic for as long as it takes to get her back to some kind of normality.  This is the impetus for my determination to see this wheel in action so that I can raise whatever finances will be needed.

Amy is also my number one supporter of all things Bessler, so she named her dog Bessler!  Hes a Hungarian Vizsler and has been accepted as a service dog, which means he can visit her in hospital. 

Amy will be 26 this weekend so we, her family, are going to visit her and bring some more support and encouragement.


 Please share the following link and donate if you wish to aid
                                     my granddaughter's treatment for CRPS and FND
                                                                  www.helpamy.co.uk/

JC

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because my wheel is quite small, the levers and weights are small too, so cord and linkages, Stephen.

      JC

      Delete
  2. Hi John, I would like to congratulate you for you blog and your quest... it's very interesting and I really hope you can achieve it.
    About your granddaughter I hope she will be better soon. Did you think about hypnosis as alternative treatment? Maybe it can help... just a suggestion

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lipe, yes she has had some mild relaxation hypnotherapy, but she is due for deeper hypnosis which it is hoped will help later in her current treatment,

      JC

      Delete
    2. John, a word of caution, I can't make it out on my phone, but I think you can read your address on the dogtags.
      STEVO

      Delete
    3. Thanks mate, I’ll edit it.👍
      JC

      Delete
  3. I've been thinking, that Bessler's wheel would be good for a back up generator; where only minimal power is required, (emergency power if you will). The reliability of it would be the most important factor.

    Sam Peppiatt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There could be BW farms with hundreds of wheels turning day and night, charging batteries.

      Delete
    2. Bessler said his wheels could be made much more powerful. If we believe his statements that the wheel was genuine, then we have to believe this as well. Of course we won't know until we have a working model, but I think there is a good chance we are all under estimating the potential of the wheel, especially a contemporary version.

      Delete
    3. Indeed, see my next post.

      JC

      Delete
  4. There is an energy storage device by VIONX that has an unlimited life of discharges, and a long life. A product generating energy on a continuous basis will generate a lot of energy. A storage devices that will allow the use of the energy are re need it is the key to so many renewable resources such as as generator life the Bessler wheel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the kind of energy storage that is going to be needed more and more as all kinds of electricity production reduce and eventually obviate the need for fossil powered energy.

      JC

      Delete

The True Story of Bessler’s Perpetual Motion Machine.

On  6th June, 1712, in Germany, Johann Bessler (also known by his pseudonym, Orffyreus) announced that after many years of failure, he had s...